Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Nokia to buy out Siemens equipment venture; shares surge:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/01/us-nokia-siemens-idUSBRE96004F20130701
Current Maemo Community Council member

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Nokia to buy out Siemens equipment venture; shares surge:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/01/us-nokia-siemens-idUSBRE96004F20130701
For once, I have to compliment them. This particular move was very smart, but it remains to be seen whether an incompetent s***head like Elop can continue to make smart decisions with his long history of bad decisions and making friends with the worst, most fickle people and companies while disgracing the ones who would have otherwise been his most ardent allies.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hence the reason for the urgent Board meeting. Good move NOKIA.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Nokia has been known to make radical switches of focus during the lifetime of the company.
I'd say it might be no surprise if the UE business is later sold off and "original Nokia" would concentrate fully into networks.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Hmm? Shipping day is well within preorder rebate expiration? Did I miss your point?
Yes. Its entirely possible shipping of first production units will move further into 2014.

The best thing that can happen to Nokia is for Blackberry to fold. And blackberry will fold in the next 12 months. Nokia will be a solid third place with 10-20% of the market, and it will be sustainable. Stock should reach $10 in 12 months

Note to self: Don't hold breath.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Stock should reach $10 in 12 months
utter ********.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
The best thing that can happen to Nokia is for Blackberry to fold. And blackberry will fold in the next 12 months. Nokia will be a solid third place with 10-20% of the market, and it will be sustainable. Stock should reach $10 in 12 months
Hahah.. yeah, no. I mean.. yeah. But no.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Windows closing in on iOS in Europe, still far behind...Samsung rules if someone missed that

http://www.businessinsider.com/andro...-europe-2013-7

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha