Active Topics

I too made a shipping time estimate on FedEx site. If the shipment leaves Helsinki today, I'd get it on 27th. Another week, oh well... I better get involved in something to get my mind of the fact, like... housekeeping

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ In the Arctic part of Norway
Order #273
25 Days since overpayment in full (25/11)
9 Days 'In Picking' (from 11/12)
No device in hand, No FedEx status, No tracking mail from Jolla.

3 days left until the Twitter estimate of 3-4 weeks expire for me since payment in more-than-full.
11 days left until I have the device in hand which has been promised in ALL mails received by me from Jolla and iterated in the official shipping FAQ (device to be 'received in December'):
https://jolla.zendesk.com/entries/31...-Shipping-Info

I'm counting down the days, keeping the faith that Jolla WILL deliver upon their promises even to us outside-the-EU customers.
If a group shipment is done for us outsiders I hope they kick it into action this year!

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
still too definitive a comment, you said people will get them, we arent just talking about the UK, zwer is in Serbia for example, plus, there have been several examples of the route going 'round the houses' so to speak, via different countries and taking far longer than the *ideal* quoted times mentioned by the courier, of course they are going to show optimal lead times.

we are talking about in practice, thats why i say the comment is too definitive, i also know that phones have shipped very quickly, but some have not, if all had, i could understand your optimism.

i will soon be able to let you know, if you are correct in all instances about shipment to the UK, as mine falls into that category and went into picking two days ago, thus in reality should have shipped.
I do know what you mean, I am worried actually but I want to stay positive. Hopefully all goes well and I'll have my Jolla by Monday

The shipment just popped up on FedEx. Just as I thought, estimated delivery is Fri 27/12/2013. My Jolla will be spending the Holidays in a warehouse somewhere...

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
still too definitive a comment, you said people will get them, we arent just talking about the UK, zwer is in Serbia for example
Just to be clear, I'm having mine shipped to the Netherlands as I, rightfully, expected for it to be delivered there faster (given that Serbia is still not a part of the EU there would be the same problems with local taxes and customs bureaucracy as people in the Switzerland and Norway have had). However, if they don't deliver it by early Monday morning (like 9ish AM) there won't be anyone to pick it up until 9th of Jan, and what's worse - I won't be going there (nor will have somebody to bring it here) 'til late February, if then, so...

However, I was speaking in broader terms - I'm not hoping all that much that I'll be getting mine on time (not Jolla's direct fault, mind you, tho it would be nice to get it by the set 'deadline'). The thing is - the next week will wreck a havoc at all postal and courier services across the Europe. That means that if Jolla doesn't manage to get all of the devices in their queue to FedEx for delivery today, or tomorrow at the latest, it's very probable that we'll be hearing stories of misplaced parcels and heavy delays on this very thread. It happens each year so no reason to think this time it will be any different. Thus, even if Jolla does everything in their power to get the devices to shipping, with the expectation for the devices to be delivered within a few days by FedEx as it usually is the case - due to the seasonal havoc some people might not get their devices within the promised 3-4 weeks delivery. And the vitriol will not go towards FedEx, but towards Jolla.

shop.jolla = in picking since yesterday
jolla.com profile still says paid...

fedextrack today: 7:13 am Shipment information sent to FedEx
Estimated delivery :Mon 12/23/2013 by 12:00 pm

woot!

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
My Jolla popped up on fedextrack too, delivery expected on monday.
Go, FedEx, fly and bring it to me!

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2013-12-20 at 14:00. Reason: typo

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Austria
#4081 in picking since this morning. Now trackable at fedex, with "Estimated delivery: Mon 23/12/2013" .

Man, how I envy you guys who are receiving yours on Monday...

Originally Posted by N9uwu View Post
#4081 in picking since this morning. Now trackable at fedex, with "Estimated delivery: Mon 23/12/2013" .
I got 3142 but still in picking.

You searched for "200004081" in Fedex?