Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
jolladevices is not jolla

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
I totally forgot it will be another 2-3 weeks after they request payment info which they haven't done yet. Considering they're still thick in meetings right now release will probably be mid to late August, possibly later depending on potential slowdowns. It doesn't make sense for them to have these meetings if they're so close to launch. Keep waiting.... Still feels like a long way away

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
why not? It's not that it slows down anything and on the other hand, people have the chance to meet the makers and they get response from actual potential users and not just some tech reporters/bloggers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I still have hope. So far, Chen was very open on the barriers and slowdowns he may have encountered along the process, and last time F(x)tec or him talked about the release, they said they were still on track for a July release if I remember correctly. There may be some delays, but I guess if we were far off, they would have kept being open about it. Fingers crossed. Anyway, it won't replace my daily device until the Sailfish Community port is actually useable and dual-bootable, which will be very frustrating considering how excited I am about the hardware part.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Sweet, even more updates, Is this gaining speed? This is getting exciting.

https://twitter.com/adampigg/status/1144341358028763143

Added bonus, Pinephone running pretty good with Maemo-leste. Which shows how far they have come, and hopefully how well it can run on pro1. https://youtu.be/JRjhuAC6jo4
x

Last edited by xman; 2019-06-28 at 14:42.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Side note: quad DAC should be in every phone, holy crap!
Hm, why? Is it for surround sound (back channels) or what?

Last edited by juiceme; 2019-06-28 at 18:50. Reason: correct typo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Negative and critical are 2 different things...
But... You are so Young and here where i live it is still june, not july...

So You wan't everything little earlier, Now... First 17 seconds of this...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hm, why? Is it for surround sound (back channels) or what?
Nope, but still quite useless in a phone.
https://www.androidauthority.com/lg-...lained-713587/
It’s the latter that we’re going to focus on here, as a parallel design sums the output from multiple sub-DACs to increase performance. It’s the use of multiple sub-DACs that ESS is likely giving mention to with its Quad DAC title.
So there's DAC processes multiplied, which results as a fancy marketing name of Quad DAC. I don't know, if this technology have been used in high end audio systems, but at least in phones it is useless for two reasons:
1. Speakers embedded to phones are bad. If you listen your music through them, you cant't hear the difference whether there's simple DAC or "Quad".
2. In theory, you could hear the difference using high quality headphones. Assuming those would be wired headphones, you should also have a very good headphone amplifier, which is quite difficult to embed to a smartphone, too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Added bonus, Pinephone running pretty good with Maemo-leste. Which shows how far they have come, and hopefully how well it can run on pro1. https://youtu.be/JRjhuAC6jo4
x
Apples and Oranges i'm afraid, the pinephone has great mainline support which makes it perfect for projects such as Maemo-Leste.

Not so with the FX Pro1, as im sure the Maemo-Leste guys will be reluctant to use Hybris like we are with Sailfish

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Apples and Oranges i'm afraid, the pinephone has great mainline support which makes it perfect for projects such as Maemo-Leste.

Not so with the FX Pro1, as im sure the Maemo-Leste guys will be reluctant to use Hybris like we are with Sailfish
Well that depends. Fx team mentioned many time they will explore how to make the device work with mainline. So not so far fetched, but of course no guaranteed either.

So I'm siding on the optimist side and hope the maemo-leste folks and fx team can find some solution working together. But yeah the pine phone is more like Librem 5 in goals I guess.

Cheers

x

Last edited by xman; 2019-06-29 at 21:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit