Notices

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
@epage - Very nice job on version 1.2.7. I love the cancel button and the "Account" info works great.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2011-01-05 at 14:36.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
@epage - Very nice job on version 1.2.7. I love the cancel button and the "Account" info works great.
Odd, normally I filter out contacts only if they have no number. Are you looking at your contacts through Google Contacts or through Google Voice (sadly they are different)?

Running
Code:
python /opt/dialcentral/lib/backends/gvoice/gvoice.py USERNAME PASSWORD
(I hope I got that correct, did it from memory) will write out all information I use to files. You or I could then dig through the file to look at these missing contacts to see what the matter is.

Obviously the7y'll have sensitive information so be carteful about posting.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Odd, normally I filter out contacts only if they have no number. Are you looking at your contacts through Google Contacts or through Google Voice (sadly they are different)?

Running
Code:
python /opt/dialcentral/lib/backends/gvoice/gvoice.py USERNAME PASSWORD
(I hope I got that correct, did it from memory) will write out all information I use to files. You or I could then dig through the file to look at these missing contacts to see what the matter is.

Obviously the7y'll have sensitive information so be carteful about posting.
I have two contacts that are both named Matt with different last names. Even their phone numbers are identical except for the last two numbers. Both are listed in the contacts of Google Email and Google Voice. Only one of them is listed in the DialCentral contacts.

Solution to my contact problem: I changed one of my "Matt" contacts to "Matthew" and now both show up in the DialCentral contacts.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2011-01-05 at 15:50.

@epage - I noticed a minor bug in version 1.2.7.
When I go to view "all messages" to show the 4 sms that I sent today, it displays the "time" of the last refresh on the first line, then two of the sent sms, then the "date", followed by the other two sms. I would expect the "date" to be just under the "time" of the last refresh followed by the 4 sms. This happens even after exiting and then running DialCentral again.

This problem has seemed to clear up by itself after a few more refreshes.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2011-01-05 at 17:31.

Solution to my contact problem: I changed one of my "Matt" contacts to "Matthew" and now both show up in the DialCentral contacts.
That still sounds odd. I'll have to look into issues with contacts with the same name.

@epage - I noticed a minor bug in version 1.2.7.
When I go to view "all messages" to show the 4 sms that I sent today, it displays the "time" of the last refresh on the first line, then two of the sent sms, then the "date", followed by the other two sms. I would expect the "date" to be just under the "time" of the last refresh followed by the 4 sms. This happens even after exiting and then running DialCentral again.

This problem has seemed to clear up by itself after a few more refreshes.
Hmm, so here was my thought. I wanted a clever way to show the current time within the UI. I was also limited on space (Qt is dumb and makes the headings column width the same as each items column width). I figured "Hey, if it is under the time listing then it was very recent and if it was under the date listing then it was any other time that day". This would have the added benefit that frequent texters would be able to distinguish recent from not-so-recent texts/voicemails/call history.

I can see how it would be confusing though and have worried about that. I'm not sure what the best route is.

On Maemo 5 there are visual glitches that I've not seen on the desktop and hope don't happen on Maemo 4.1 dealing with the SMS window. Sometimes it is showing things all messed up. A temporary work around is to add and delete another contact from the conversation.

Also somehow I was seeing the Accounts dialog claiming one number was my configured callback when I had just set it to a different one.

@epage - When I received an SMS the LED alert began flashing, however, after viewing and even exiting DialCentral, it keeps flashing.

@epage - When I received an SMS the LED alert began flashing, however, after viewing and even exiting DialCentral, it keeps flashing.
Oh, yeah, forgot I needed to enable things to turn off the LED.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
Oh, yeah, forgot I needed to enable things to turn off the LED.
It stays on even after I rebooted my N800.

I think the following will turn it off
Code:
python /opt/dialcentral/lib/led_handler.py