Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
i'm having the airplane mode problem with nitdroid 0.09, anyone can help ? i can't turn it of
Airplane mode
in Android go to
menu→devtools→terminal emulator
and type

su
rr
and regarding the overclock
install filebox and leafpad in maemo using app manager and turn on root in filebox (second last button on the right)
then go to
/home/etc and you will find four file "oc-profile-250-500.conf" etc
rename one of them to power.conf
then open up terminal and type
root
leafpad /home/etc/power.conf
when in editing mode, you will find
Change these to look like these or your choice numbers.
scaling_max_freq 1000000
scaling_min_freq 250000

^ shows max-1ghz min= 250mhz.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
Thanks ammyt for the tutorial! Android works great with me!! Also thanks to the dev team of NITROID! you rock!! \m/

Hey, just wanted to thank you all, followed tutorial and works nicely!
Bit slow(starting apps and loading itself) but that might be just first time.

And quick question, can I delete or uninstall anything now? After I got it all installed? Like installer or those 2 files in mydocs

Last edited by No_LiMiT; 2011-01-10 at 08:24.

Need some help please guys and dolls.

In the WIKI it states :

After it completes, simply format your microSD card, then using filebox delete nitdroid's installation folders and files that were copied to home: bin, data, dev, etc (symlink), initrd, lib (symlink), mnt, proc, sbin, sdcard, sys, system, tmp, usr,default.prop, init, init.nokia.rc, init.rc

Should i delete the folders: bin, data, dev, etc (symlink), initrd, lib (symlink), mnt, proc, sbin, sdcard, sys, system, tmp, usr,default.prop, init, init.nokia.rc, init.rc ??

I want to try and delete all of nitdroid and start afresh. Have been able to install NITdroid 008 and 009 but appear to have the unknown operand error, when installing gingerbread.

Kind regards from sunny (yes sunny) UK

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Gulbar View Post
...After it completes, simply format your microSD card, then using filebox delete nitdroid's installation folders and files that were copied to home: bin, data, dev, etc (symlink), initrd, lib (symlink), mnt, proc, sbin, sdcard, sys, system, tmp, usr,default.prop, init, init.nokia.rc, init.rc

Should i delete the folders: bin, data, dev, etc (symlink), initrd, lib (symlink), mnt, proc, sbin, sdcard, sys, system, tmp, usr,default.prop, init, init.nokia.rc, init.rc ??...
Yes! Then why is this written in the WIKI if you don't have to?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
@ gulbar..yes u have to delete those files mentioned with filebox or any other file explorer.

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jade Robertson View Post
Yes! Then why is this written in the WIKI if you don't have to?!
:... Because i'm a NooB?? ... i read in another thread someone having issues with booting into Maemo after doing so, and thought perhaps certain folders and certain files in some folders needed deleting. I would hate to flash the device considering how old my pc is (12yrs old).

Thanks for clarifying this for me.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
:... Because i'm a NooB?? ... i read in another thread someone having issues with booting into Maemo after doing so, and thought perhaps certain folders and certain files in some folders needed deleting. I would hate to flash the device considering how old my pc is (12yrs old).

you only have to have 3 folders in ur directory that is lost+found,opt & user. All other folders have to be deleted.

Last edited by funkmunk; 2011-01-10 at 16:09. Reason: Error

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:

most probably because many people have used the "fr -r" to delete the folder... and that deletes every thing from rootfs if you dont use it the right way. instead of deleting the /and folder... i doubt they couldnt boot because deleting /and folder. ive personally done thaat 3 times and havent had any issue

Last edited by tele; 2011-01-11 at 07:57.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Is there any notes app built into the 2.2 version?? I was trying to search for one but was unsuccessful....

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid