Active Topics

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Lumiaman let me tell you one thing; I was debating with you sensibly and understand at times where you're coming from...I was even ready to accept that your N9s were screwed hence you were complaining about them...

Guess what? Yesterday Arie contacted me about a few of his N9s having problems (yes all 3 which he bought from you)...AND the best part of this is that ALL 3 of them had hardware issues...The worst was the White n9; it was missing 4GB space in the emmc partition...WTF did you do to make it lose 4GB? Then on second thought it must not be you but something else like a fraudulent seller...

Anyway we spent ~2 hours to fix all 3 of them...The hardware issue all 3 had was missing various amounts of partition space...This was causing the n9 to act very weird...Once we got them fixed they have been running very well especially since one of them is a Finnish one with excellent build quality...

So really you've been screwed 3x by whatever it is to give you a lousy experience...If you debate sensibly I would reply because I understand your concerns but when you bait its pretty irritating...

This is the White N9 missing 4GB before we fixed it; it should be 57.6GB...
Ok, so my N9 also have the same prob?

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Another interview of Jussi Hurmola :http://gigaom.com/europe/jolla-the-m...s-and-android/

Via phonearena.com

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Ok, so my N9 also have the same prob?
Going off-topic here (as if it wasn't already...) but I have the same values. However, combined with the near-4GiB for root and near-2GiB for /home you get ~59.6GiB, which is precisely 64GB - yes, the GiB/GB-scam is getting worse

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
Another interview of Jussi Hurmola :http://gigaom.com/europe/jolla-the-m...s-and-android/

Via phonearena.com
How big a part will cloud services play in Jolla?
Cloud is part of everything. All functionality is basically extended by the cloud ...
Darn, there's that C-word again. I trust only one cloud: the one I can host myself. Not that I will, but if I can, I can surely also choose the cloud-provider I do like (== trust). The options are quite thin there. I surely don't hope the device gets laden with clouds I don't trust like google, dropbox, facebook, etcetc.

HTML5 on mobile has been a somewhat contentious issue recently. What’s its role in your view?
We would love HTML5 to succeed fast, because it would mean our MeeGo-based ecosystem would be compatible with everything out there. But, at the moment, I think there are interests against that. It would again take away the control point from the existing platforms if suddenly everything were compatible.
Aaaand there's the H-word! HTML5 sucks for apps. HTML was never meant for that; it's a text mark-up. QML especially with qt-components is very nice for app development. I'd rather see them trying to convince developers to use Qt/QML than to flirt with the dreck that is HTML5.

Nothing wrong with supporting HTML5/Tizen/FirefoxOS/Android though, as it can convince people they won't loose any functionality over Tizen/FirefoxOS/Android-devices. "Yes we support HTML5, but we also have something much better."

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Html can work very well for some "apps". If the developer is skilled enough and there is Qt, that surly will be a part of Jolla? So what's the problem. It's up to developers to choose. Don't blame standard or technology. It's a dev decision. If you don't like html apps don't use it blame the guy behind it for choosing it. Htm5 can be great when moving between platforms like mobile, cars, television screens etc sure it has drawback like everything but might be improved over the years and is not yet a standard.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-26 at 05:57.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone here buying the jolla phone no matter what they are releasing and what price it costs?

Just to show your support?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Anyone here buying the jolla phone no matter what they are releasing and what price it costs?

Me

10chars

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post

If it has a decent SoC and runs GNU/Linux, then I'm game.
This is the kind of phone that we need to promote. When Jolla gets their market seal of approval, then we can talk HW keyboards, TV Transmitter radios, eSATA, halfmini-PCIe and other exotic stuff.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Me

10chars
Same here, I still plan to have N9 as main device but play around with Jolla phone!

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Me

10chars
^ what he said

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla