Active Topics

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Ardraaken View Post
Sorry I might not have been overly clear...

I've installed everything from the pre-req's with the exception of iptables. I have access to Extras-Devel (set it up from day one) and have Kernel Power installed from a previous attempt to tether using MobileHotspot unfortunately iptables package isn't showing up in the list of apps for me so I'm unable to install it.

Appreciate the quick response 9000, thanks
I just checked iptables is in extras. Please show me the output of thed following command:
Code:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list

Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
try apt-get install iptables from xterm
Was just coming back to post that I'd just done that...

Question:

How do I get the
Code:
echo "/home/user/bluetooth-pan.sh" | sudo gainroot
command to run in Xterm as I can't figure out how to create the | symbol.

Originally Posted by Ardraaken View Post
Was just coming back to post that I'd just done that...

Question:

How do I get the
Code:
echo "/home/user/bluetooth-pan.sh" | sudo gainroot
command to run in Xterm as I can't figure out how to create the | symbol.
You could just run /home/user/bluetooth-pan.sh as root. Type root to enter root shell.

Or you could copy&paste from browser to the command line during Queen Beecon Widget creation.

Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
The wiki doesn't actually mention anything about maemo-pan.
It just says if you remove "network" from the disabled plugins list in the bluetooth main.conf then PAN will work.

I'm going to install iptables and use your script and manually configure the network on both sides and see where that gets me.

Changing the subject totally, I lived in HK from 1977 until the early '90s!

Awesome place!
Thanks to this info and something I believe I read from 9000 about not needing pc-connectivity-manager and sixaxis conflicts, I have both bluetooth tethering and sixaxis support working in parallel. Summary is just do as Crab suggested above: remove the offending 'network' entry and don't install pc-connectivity-manager. If you already did install it, however, just go into /etc/bluetooth/main.conf and uncomment the DisablePlugins line while removing 'network' from the list of plugins to disable.

Thanks for the help guys, still not been able to get this working but I ended up unlocking/rooting my Xoom and replacing the supplicant file so now I can see Ad-Hoc networks and use the MobileHotspot app whilst running 3.1

Are there special steps to making this work with an Android Honeycomb tablet? I've been trying the steps in the 1st post, but it hasn't been working. I'm not too familiar with Linux (got far enough to get the PAN tethering has been turned on msg but no net connection) so if there are special steps can they be listed complete in one post.

Originally Posted by youth View Post
Are there special steps to making this work with an Android Honeycomb tablet? I've been trying the steps in the 1st post, but it hasn't been working. I'm not too familiar with Linux (got far enough to get the PAN tethering has been turned on msg but no net connection) so if there are special steps can they be listed complete in one post.
Go to root shell in xterminal. Run the script there and then show us the output.

@youth I just come across it. The second part about Xoom might help you find where to open tethering - provided that the N900 script is running fine which I expected you to show me for diagnosis.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/01...riginal-droid/

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
@youth I just come across it. The second part about Xoom might help you find where to open tethering - provided that the N900 script is running fine which I expected you to show me for diagnosis.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/01...riginal-droid/

Hope this helps.
I can pair the devices & open tethering but no net connection.
Here is what shows in xterminal.

Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:/home/user# echo "/home/user/bluetooth-pan-tethering.sh" | gainroot
Root shell enabled
+ IP_ADDR=192.168.3.1
+ NETMASK=255.255.255.0
+ DHCP_RANGE=192.168.3.100,192.168.3.127
+ RUNFILE=/var/run/btpan_tethering.pid
+ DNSMASQ=/usr/sbin/dnsmasq
+ modprobe ipt_MASQUERADE
+ iptables -F
+ iptables -t nat -F
+ iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o gprs0 -j MASQUERADE
+ echo 1
+ ifconfig bnep0 down
+ ifconfig bnep0 up
+ ifconfig bnep0 192.168.3.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
+ start-stop-daemon -S -p /var/run/btpan_tethering.pid -m -b -x /usr/sbin/dnsmasq -- -k -I lo -z -a 192.168.3.1 -F 192.168.3.100,192.168.3.127 -b
+ run-standalone.sh dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:Bluetooth PAN Activated
Nokia-N900-42-11:/home/user#

Originally Posted by youth View Post
I can pair the devices & open tethering but no net connection.
Here is what shows in xterminal.

Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:/home/user# echo "/home/user/bluetooth-pan-tethering.sh" | gainroot
Root shell enabled
+ IP_ADDR=192.168.3.1
+ NETMASK=255.255.255.0
+ DHCP_RANGE=192.168.3.100,192.168.3.127
+ RUNFILE=/var/run/btpan_tethering.pid
+ DNSMASQ=/usr/sbin/dnsmasq
+ modprobe ipt_MASQUERADE
+ iptables -F
+ iptables -t nat -F
+ iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o gprs0 -j MASQUERADE
+ echo 1
+ ifconfig bnep0 down
+ ifconfig bnep0 up
+ ifconfig bnep0 192.168.3.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
+ start-stop-daemon -S -p /var/run/btpan_tethering.pid -m -b -x /usr/sbin/dnsmasq -- -k -I lo -z -a 192.168.3.1 -F 192.168.3.100,192.168.3.127 -b
+ run-standalone.sh dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:Bluetooth PAN Activated
Nokia-N900-42-11:/home/user#
Please show me the routing table on your N900 side:

Code:
root
route

Tags
bluetooth-pan, tethering