Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Alterran View Post
well, the thing is that the lower the ISO speed the less noise the pictures will have, especially the HDR images. You already know that. i was wondering if it would be possible to set the ISO speed at the lowest when taking a HDR. (i noticed that the ISO speed of a HDR i took at low light was 1600 and the picture was noisy. yes the light was dim but i had the phone on a stable surface, hence no need for the ISO to be that high)
and thanks fot this wonderful program.
In fact, in HDR mode the brightness of individual frames is 'equalized', and there is no much difference how the values of the pixels (including noisy values) is multiplied - in camera (high ISO) or in HDR processing. So there is no way to reduce the noise playing with ISO in HDR mode.
Anyway, we will consider adding manual ISO setting when possible.

Originally Posted by mikki-kun View Post
Yet I do have something I'd like to ask. In Blurless-mode, when I am taking pictures which are low-light conditions, I am getting funny-colored artifacts in some places. Is that what you refer to as "hot pixels"? I am not getting those in HDR-mode which is why I like it more, but then I am missing the awesome blurless option and superzoom.
Could you post an example?

Originally Posted by mikki-kun View Post
Just uhhh, I saw half a year ago you were also working on a video recording app on the N900. When will you release it? And will it include active focusing with maybe seemless switching of normal and night-mode?
We have never worked on video recording app for N900, sorry .
For video we are working on a video improving application (http://videoimprover.com), but it is not a video recorder, it is intended to enhance videos.

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Just found "Camera Lens Launcher 0.2-4" app (http://maemo.org/packages/view/cl-launcher) - you can use it to make BlessN900 start when lens cover is opened (or display camera app selector).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I really like the current BlessN900 app. It takes very nice lowlight pictures, always a problem with the original camera app. Thanks for this.

I too wish someone would make a third-party videocam app that improved the video recording as much as this app has improved the photo taking. Even something that would provide a steady fps...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by drums4life687 View Post
I'm a little unfamiliar using dpkg though, and dpkg --help didn't really get me any farther. Can you paste the code here that you would use to reinstall the drivers? Sorry for being a noob.
Hmm.. I'd have sworn I'd done a --force-reinstall in dpkg, but I don't see it's option now. Apparently apt-get is the only way to force a reinstall? That can't be right, but... this works:

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall fcam-drivers
Sorry for the delay. I'm not "watching" this thread, so missed the reply.

In my case (power46) i had to uninstall blessn900 (with dependencies --> fcam-drivers), reboot, enable extras-devel repository, install with apt fcam-drivers (1.7.0-2), install with application-manager blessn900, reboot....and only after these operations everything was right.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scegliau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Vantaa
This is a great app! I am really happy with the results in low light. Pictures are looking very natural with low noise. I have not got this good quality with my digital cameras. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to JKO65 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Great App!

I installed the Fcam drivers, rebooted.

Then Installed BlessN900, rebooted.

Works great!

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
When I i use bless in lowlight conditions the images has a green allover feeling about them.
Tried uninstalling bless and reboot.
Same result with and without fcam installed

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hey Eugene,

I dunno if you or anyone else is still working on blessn900 as it's already such a friggin amazing app..

But if so, I'd like to humbly submit two feature requests:

- Make a full shutter press force autofocus, even if the user hasn't waited through the half-press (like a normal camera). I don't know why the default Nokia camera behavior is that way... maybe some attempt to allow manual focus? But manual focus should be implemented with a slider (or something) anyway.

- Kick the process into the background if a user tries to exit while processing images; probably enough just to hide the window and make the user think the app has exited (and abort exit and unhide if user restarts app before it finishes). Alternatively, could launch a separate photo processing thread for each picture and run asynchronously.

If no one's working on it anymore and anyone thinks these would be beneficial let me know and I'd be happy to put together a patch set.

Tags
camera, nokia n900