Poll: SolarTOH, you want?
Poll Options
SolarTOH, you want?

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
Oh ok, nevermind

can't stop testing every light and window near me
hahaha it is fun right?

works best outside, lamps have little power generally and windows also block a lot of the light.

You bet. Managed to get first ding-dong from sunlight today as it was the first not-totally cloudy day in a while. But angle was very tight, can't wait for spring/summer (or holidays, just need some sun)

Yep, same here, last weekend was the shinnyest for weeks, since sollar TOH arrived, weather is really grey and cloudy, too bad
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
hahaha it is fun right?

works best outside, lamps have little power generally and windows also block a lot of the light.
I'm trying different types of artificial lights atm ( to find the best performance on indoor conditions, using my Jolla as modem hotspot all day long @ office )

BTW, am I the only one to notice that network signal reception is weaker with sollar TOH than with standard empty white TOH ?

Switch edge/3g and LTE are happening really more often since i switched to Sollar one
And LTE reception is not present as often as before I putted it in, maybe coming from my provider but I have doubt really

Would be interesting to see if someone could reproduce your suspicions clovis86. Has anyone else noticed that?

clovis86 if you switch back to the white TOH does it behave like you expect?

Definitely not sure if this is the case atm, just guessing.
Too early to go to work, I'll try remove the oth @ office and see if signal is better.
Here @ home, no change with or without the Sollar TOH, so I'm probably wrong about this suspicion.
( won't be the 1st time my provider is disabling LTE signal for hoursin the middle of the day )

Stay tune for this wonderful TOH to be definitely cleared of blame.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Hi Dirk,

Any chance of a white SolarJolla being availabe in the near future? In the store only the Green, Red, Pink and Purple ones are currently available.

Definitely not sure if this is the case atm, just guessing.
Too early to go to work, I'll try remove the oth @ office and see if signal is better.
Here @ home, no change with or without the Sollar TOH, so I'm probably wrong about this suspicion.
( won't be the 1st time my provider is disabling LTE signal for hoursin the middle of the day )

Stay tune for this wonderful TOH to be definitely cleared of blame.
definitely wrong, sorry about that

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Any chance of a white SolarJolla being availabe in the near future? In the store only the Green, Red, Pink and Purple ones are currently available.
also waiting here, hope they are here in time for reaching xmas trees!

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
BTW, am I the only one to notice that network signal reception is weaker with sollar TOH than with standard empty white TOH ?

Switch edge/3g and LTE are happening really more often since i switched to Sollar one
And LTE reception is not present as often as before I putted it in, maybe coming from my provider but I have doubt really
Well I'd be interested in investigations on that matter too. I've used diptoh since I got it, and finally had to remove it because reception was terrible (even no network at all quite often). I am back with toholed and no network issues anymore, same with The First One OH. There's really something with diptoh (at least mine, I'm not saying it happens with all units) and I'm concerned if the same issue happens with solartoh, 'cause that means that maybe it will happen with tohkbd too.

I'm not exagerating: my phone was almost impossible to use with these network issues because I totally lost the connection quite often (several times a day, and when the network was there, it was only for a few minutes). Now that I noticed it was related to diptoh, the phone works quite well. Not sure if this was a hardware or software issue, because rebooting the phone sometimes solved the issue (very temporarily). I've not noticed any network loss since days now, while I got more and more issues since September with diptoh. Further testing would be required, but there really seems to be something here considering how long I used diptoh.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2014-12-06 at 20:24.

Sorry, but I definitely got the same issue here..
Came back to my parents, usually got edge connection and now on, no network or really weak, just removing the sollar toh gimme edge network instantly !
Same @office, usually got LTE, now got really weak hsdpa signal and sometines edge ...

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post: