Notices

uninstalling any incompatible software ... done
formatting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) ... done
formatting /dev/mmcblk1p2 (ext3).....

What should i do now i know if i press enter it will show "formatting /dev/mmcblk1p2 (ext3).....FAILURE.Bailing out."

nearly 20 minutes finish and tell me if i change my memory card to 2gb will it work in 2gb ?

30 minutes finish still its the same

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by brokensmile View Post
30 minutes finish still its the same

LOL dude, if we need to enlarge the font, we can just control+scroll, but thats very considerate of you
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eitama View Post
LOL dude, if we need to enlarge the font, we can just control+scroll, but thats very considerate of you

ok fine dude but giv me the solution for my question

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
@brokensmile - relax.

It can take a LONG time to format the card and install Android. I would suggest, if you can't wait for it to complete on its own, that you follow through the install script manually and do as many of the steps as you can on your desktop computer - it is running Linux right? Right?

All in all what is happening behind the scenes is a non-trivial procedure - depending on what your N900 has installed, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

You don't need us to tell you to try a different memory card, just try it.

Originally Posted by dchky View Post
@brokensmile - relax.

It can take a LONG time to format the card and install Android. I would suggest, if you can't wait for it to complete on its own, that you follow through the install script manually and do as many of the steps as you can on your desktop computer - it is running Linux right? Right?

All in all what is happening behind the scenes is a non-trivial procedure - depending on what your N900 has installed, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

You don't need us to tell you to try a different memory card, just try it.

Thankz ok .... and i wanna do it automatically so inshallah i will keep 2day night and i will c 2mrw in the morning is it ok?i mean the time is enough?

Omg ...................

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Thankz ok .... and i wanna do it automatically so inshallah i will keep 2day night and i will c 2mrw in the morning is it ok?i mean the time is enough?
Please do not make the font SO BIG or CHANGE COLOR like that. You won't get any more help by doing that. Infact, people will help you less.

btw, my 4GB MicroSD took less than 1minute to format both partitions. There is something wrong with your card or your current state of N900 imo.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark

ok fine dude but giv me the solution for my question
And to point out another thing... Do stop demanding things here on TMO and people will be more helpfull... If you choose a BUT in a sentence like you do above, you delete all stated before the BUT and therefore the first stated will have no meaning at all just the stated after the BUT. So in this case all thats left is a demand and nothing else Just a pointer for the future...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Guys, is there an easy uninstaller for NitDroid. Removing any multiboot on the N900 and anything else? I presume all of the install apart from the multiboot is on the sd card?

I have installed with the installer which worked perfectly.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12