Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
Originally Posted by Pete23 View Post
What kind of password do you have? I discovered that password cannot contain special letters like !"#% when I configured the MSN account
Yeah, it can, but you have to keep it safe from shell expansion when using mc-tool. Just enclose the password in single quotes...

Code:
mc-tool update haze/msn/you_40domain_2ecom0 string:password='f#$k!ng&p4sswd%'

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Thanks, but i do not understad any of it . Some prefix for your account name.. hmm..

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Updated the first post once again!

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Updated the first post once again!
add some screenshot please..

oh, i have question, if i add yahoo with method 1, does i still need to use Proper integration of telepathy accounts by billranton ?

thanx.

Last edited by deviantenator; 2011-12-07 at 02:37.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by deviantenator View Post
add some screenshot please..

oh, i have question, if i add yahoo with method 1, does i still need to use Proper integration of telepathy accounts by billranton ?

thanx.
Yes you need.

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Thanks, but i do not understad any of it . Some prefix for your account name.. hmm..
Don't worry about it too much.

In this case it's used to indicate the words you have to replace. So if you see $password it means type your password here. If you see $username then replace it with your username etc... it's just like writing (your password goes here) or (your username goes here), but shorter.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by SteveYoungs View Post
Definitely do enjoy! Thank you so very much for these, mate. Awesome!

I had set up qemu and scratchbox and had gotten libpurple and telepathy-haze built, but I couldn't get them to work. The missing ingredient was aegis. (oh, I'm also a complete Debian n00b so I probably fsck'd up the debs I made anyway)

You have saved me a lot of headaches. Thanks mate!

I'm now happily using haze for ICQ and Yahoo.
I tried the same, but you got much further than I did. Cross compilation brrr...

I'd still like to have a go though - maybe to make an AccountsUI with qt creator. Does anyone know where the relevant documentation is?

Haze is better than butterfly? or is the same? i notice than actually ( at least the butterfly method) cause battery drain like 40 ma more , any way so if i have butterfly/msn i should stay or go for the haze or is the same thing? and if i have to go with haze how do i uninstall all the packages and things about butterfly? thanks

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
haze is support more than bytterfly. At last in my case..

Last edited by Makeclick; 2011-12-08 at 09:13.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Germany
See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...79&postcount=6

If the contact you wish to talk to is on 'appear offline', then the message sent from the n9 won't be see by that contact. If that contact messages you however, the message does appear. If the contact is on any other status ie online, busy, away, there are not problems.

Is this happening to any one else? Can someone test? I didn't have this issue with butterfly but I had bad connection problems and battery drain with butterfly so I would much prefer to keep haze.

Tags
messenger, pidgin