Notices

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton, WI, US
Originally Posted by born2wonder View Post
http://maemo.org/packages/view/prelink/
Good man. Thanks for that!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jscribble View Post
Be sure to press the function key twice to lock in the ability to type numbers. The dialog box might only accept numbers, as the setting is an integer. You may also have to tap in the dialog box. Mine shows a cursor when I hit enter, however.
doesn't work for me? empty dialogbox shows up. And unable to type something into. Either numbers with or without functionkey.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by uncle.sam View Post
doesn't work for me? empty dialogbox shows up. And unable to type something into. Either numbers with or without functionkey.
I'd the same issue. When the dialog box shows up, press backspace 4 times to erase 1024 and then enter the value you like. The new value will be shown once the dialog box is closed.

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I must be an anti-geek, since I have made the two changes to plugins as "false", but still no Flash.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I must be an anti-geek, since I have made the two changes to plugins as "false", but still no Flash.

I have also made the changes..
Actually there was need for only one change becuase the other was already at "false".
still if i go to someones blog and hes hosting some type of flash video the video player does not load up at all.
just as if the video doesn't exist.
But if i go to youtube i can see the videos but when you play them you hear the audio but no video onscreen.. Same thing the built in browser does.

Its incredible that with the proliferation of Flash videos on the Internet that Adobe has not done something to appease the mobile market..

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton, WI, US
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I noticed when I had the plugins enabled that sometimes I would have to maximize, then un-maximize the browser window to get the video displaying. Not a guarantee, but it might help.

If you're looking for a better gmail experience on fennec, try using the same url that the default browser uses: https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1&ui=1&ov=0

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I am really beginning to warm to the Firefox browser despite its sluggishness. Things that I like about it...

- double tap is handled much better than Micro B, seems to zoom in text better and make it easier to read
- I prefer webpages opening in tabs rather than windows as it makes accessing them much easier with a quick left swipe.
- when typing in passwords you get a preview of the letter before it turns into a star. Helps make sure you type it in correctly.
- when typing in text fields, has the previous/next button that helps you jump from one text box to the next
- best of all though, it is actually the most functional twitter client on the N900 (to be honest there isn't that much competition). With the ability to actually Tweet from the awesome bar, the very accessible Twitter search function and the awesome bar's ability to quickly find previous searches etc, it makes tweeting from the browser extremely easy.

If it was just a little faster I would be happy to make it my default and only browser.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Well "Firefox Mobile" is on a good way to become a excellent browser, or even a better one then the default Micro B browser.

I also really like the "tapping" feature because the related area fits perfectly on the screen, good work!

What I dont like is that "SWF" content gets displayed wrong or isn't visible at all. And its generally slower then the Micro B browser, you notice that on huge websites.

At the moment it is a alternate, but not a better browser in my opinion.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Firefox Fennec SUX CrOCK, so slow and unreliable. MicroB on the other hand is much faster but crashes like hell. I hope the team from Mozilla.org fixing the memoy issues with their Fennec. Otherwise it's a good browser. But I hate the way the browser behave, when i'm used to microB. No highlight mouse!!! And runs slow. ENable flash support destroyed the browser completely. No wonder why they disabled it at the first place.

But one up side is the plugins.. Love them feel like desktop browser even the memory hog is the same

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-02-13 at 05:47.