Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
in what way is samsung wp8 better than nokias phi?
I wasn't saying it was better (or worse), it's just that NOKIA clearly thought as Microsoft's preferred partner they were going to be given a head start on WP8 but in reality the Samsung WP8 device was the first to be revealed.

I think Samsung has a great opportunity to kill NOKIA off completely if they want to. NOKIA have very limited control over anything now, they don't control the software, they don't control what components they can use and they can't control their manufacturing costs either as manufacturing is now subcontracted to Compal. Any WP8 device NOKIA can produce Samsung can do a better one with a higher spec and lower price.

If Samsung do succeed in killing off NOKIA as a result they may well also get the opportunity to kill off Microsoft's mobile ambitions too.

At the budget end of the market NOKIA have nowhere to go either. Elop has killed Meltemi and NOKIA are now stuck in the past with Series 40/J2ME devices. NOKIA's future in the budget market is very time limited as a result, this market will now inevitably be eaten up by low cost Androids.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
I wasn't saying it was better (or worse), it's just that NOKIA clearly thought as Microsoft's preferred partner they were going to be given a head start on WP8 but in reality the Samsung WP8 device was the first to be revealed.

I think Samsung has a great opportunity to kill NOKIA off completely if they want to. NOKIA have very limited control over anything now, they don't control the software, they don't control what components they can use and they can't control their manufacturing costs either as manufacturing is now subcontracted to Compal. Any WP8 device NOKIA can produce Samsung can do a better one with a higher spec and lower price.

If Samsung do succeed in killing off NOKIA as a result they may well also get the opportunity to kill off Microsoft's mobile ambitions too.

At the budget end of the market NOKIA have nowhere to go either. Elop has killed Meltemi and NOKIA are now stuck in the past with Series 40/J2ME devices. NOKIA's future in the budget market is very time limited as a result, this market will now inevitably be eaten up by low cost Androids.
Oh my, time for some anti-depressants. NOKIA controls a lot: intellectual capital. And the beauty of having someone else do everything else, is that you can focus on creativity. NOKIA has proven they can innovate their hardware, and that is what they are good at. They are NOT a software company, as their failed record shows.
NOKI will do well. Very well.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Oh my, time for some anti-depressants. NOKIA controls a lot: intellectual capital.
Even that's getting less and less because Elop keeps giving it away to patent trolls.

And the beauty of having someone else do everything else, is that you can focus on creativity. NOKIA has proven they can innovate their hardware, and that is what they are good at.
On the contrary, cameras excluded, NOKIA's hardware has been behind the curve for a long while now. Ugly designs, slow processors and small amounts of RAM were much more of an issue than Symbian ever was. In fact it was a testament to Symbian it could even run on such modest hardware.

The breadth of functionality offered by Symbian on a shoestring was NOKIA's saving grace.

Now NOKIA have a real problem, they can't differentiate. Everything they can do Samsung can do better and cheaper.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Oh my, time for some anti-depressants. NOKIA controls a lot: intellectual capital. And the beauty of having someone else do everything else, is that you can focus on creativity. NOKIA has proven they can innovate their hardware, and that is what they are good at. They are NOT a software company, as their failed record shows.
NOKI will do well. Very well.
And their designs are just so beautiful, so compelling that they're flying off the shelves and have FINALLY taken back the market! Right?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Rumour has it that the Lumia 920 Pureview is only going to have an 8mp camera, and not actually contain the proper Pureview tech.

Fail. Big time

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Rumour has it that the Lumia 920 Pureview is only going to have an 8mp camera, and not actually contain the proper Pureview tech.

Fail. Big time
hmmmm....u got link to that

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Dared View Post

Fail. Big time
suprised?! Not me however they may, or may not, by doing alot false marketing. Most people are stupid and did not buy 808 but have heard alot about "pureview" now they will go buy nokias new wp camwraphone just because nokia is calling it pureview. Same marketting as when they talked about lumias "new design" and as we now that also was false marketing.

but anyway n9 still pissing on those new devices so I personally dont care what **** nokia comes up with now.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
I'm a frequent public transport user coz I live in the city with europe's most horrible parking situation. It's always a good opportunity to spy on peoples (of all classes and types) smartphone usage. I have yet to see a single Windows fone in the wild. The only person I know that bought a Lumia sold it short time later with great loss. All I see are Samsungs and Apples and old feature fones.
I fail to see how people are optimistic about Lumia or WP future.
What I have seen so far about WP8 doesn't change this.

Last edited by casketizer; 2012-09-03 at 18:58.

hmmmm....u got link to that

Certainly do!
http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/9/3/...amera-pureview

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
suprised?! Not me however they may, or may not, by doing alot false marketing. Most people are stupid and did not buy 808 but have heard alot about "pureview" now they will go buy nokias new wp camwraphone just because nokia is calling it pureview. Same marketting as when they talked about lumias "new design" and as we now that also was false marketing.

but anyway n9 still pissing on those new devices so I personally dont care what **** nokia comes up with now.
Why would you buy the most antiquated OS on the planet. Just because of camera?

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha