Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Yes use my custom brightness in post #2, it works the same as the simple mod, but gives you the range from 2-255 (under 2 and screen light goes off, doesn't save more power then 2) and here you have alot of cool widgets (QBW) to use to change the brightness.

Hi thanks for your reply but i dont want a widget which sits on the desktop instead i want to use currently available brightness applet in the pull down status bar! Can we do that?

No not unless anybody steps up and makes an applet like the brightness applet, but this is beyond my programming skill/time

Back on the good old custom brightness, with Tinukedaya graphics on the bar.

The simple mod is really good, but i wanted the more custom steps, like now having brightness 2, 50, 160, 255.

Any chance of someone creatong an applet for this custom brightness??!!
I have the normal brightness applet at the moment and i have disabled the ALS but even the 1 bar is too bright specially at night time when i do alot of browsing and the brightness hurts my eyes! so if i could have it installed but with custom brightness then i could set that as quite low! But i dont like a widget as its only on one homscreen and its gotta be put on then scroll through when i need to adjust the brightness when applet is much easier!
So please can someone make a custom brightness applet!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to romiiio For This Useful Post:
worked like a charm

Originally Posted by ayos! View Post
worked like a charm
which one did (mine or the simple)?

i used the simple, i rarely adjust my brightness settings anyway, only time i do is when i show something from my phone to others ...difference i noticed using the simple is now i only use 1 bar from the brightness applet, before it was two

The Following User Says Thank You to ayos! For This Useful Post:
Just Cleared up POST #1 & #2, just to make it a bit better to read

Great script and really easy to use. Also great to have so many different widgets depending of how much space is available on the screen
But one thing bothers me with the ambient light sensor switched off, and that is brightness of the status LED. Is there nothing we can do about it? I set power to 1 in some patterns and increase brightnes to only 5 but it is still freakishly bright!
I couldn't find anything about the LED pattern editor, except the Wiki page. Who programed the pattern editor? Maybe brightness would be a quick and easy fix?

Tags
brightness, display, light sensor, screen