Notices

Voice files are here: http://symbian.clanteam.com/indexmaps.htm

I've realised something kind of amusing: the position we are tracking with PositionModel is NOT the position of the phone, it is the position of the centre of the view! But the events are only sent when the GPS updates, not when the view is updated. I don't know if this is a bug or what. In any case directions will only work when you have the view tracking the position.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CormacB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
*coughs*

"At the roundabout, take the tenth exit."

Superb! Still, significant progress. I've got a longish drive to do tomorrow, so I'll have this running. Let's see how it gets on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gregoranderson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Keep up the great work guys, you seem to have made some good progress. If there is any non-programming work that I can help with (Wiki page, downloading voice files, etc.), please let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gregoranderson View Post
*coughs*

"At the roundabout, take the tenth exit."

Superb! Still, significant progress. I've got a longish drive to do tomorrow, so I'll have this running. Let's see how it gets on.

Much much improved version attached!

* Time to maneuver is no longer NaN!! It is still wrong, but you get directions at a more reasonable distance now.
* More than one direction before it breaks!
* Correct roundabout exits!
* Some kind of logic for figuring out if you are on a highway/motorway which probably won't work right most of the time
* It shouts out "Now!" when you reach your destination

Just remember to press the red button so it can track you.
Attached Files
File Type: gz index.html.gz (226.7 KB, 249 views)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CormacB For This Useful Post:
hmm. wonder if the rendering engine is setting end of street but not using it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
keep up the good work!!

The Following User Says Thank You to justice4all3000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
Update 20/01/2010
CormacB has released a new version with html5 support (so that it does not require any servers for sound production). See this post for the html file: Index.html and this post for the direction on how to install: Install directions

-=Original Post=-
Greetings forum, I bring to you today, to the few that still use it or care, a couple of features for OVI maps

Some of us would remember when OVI maps had that tilt control which allowed the rotation of the map, add this with 3D buildings feature, and you had something pretty to look at, though with the introduction of Pr1.2 they removed that, but today ladies and gentlemen I bring it back!

But wait, thats not all! I with the new Ovi Maps version we have, it has a nice feature to allow maneuvers to be shown when you select one of those little dots on the route. This I thought was an excellent idea as we can see the upcoming turn, sadly it wasn't the case as it just showed one at a time and only when you select it, kinda useless when driving really. So I added another button under the route calculation button to show them all!

While looking around at the code, I did notice a feature for guidance including the possibility of voice guidance. However it does not seem to be finished or we are missing a plugin to make it work (little snippet below). I might play around with it, but I doubt it'll work, but on the bright side it could be coming in the future
Code:
        stopNavigation: function () {
            this._guidance.stop();
            this.fireEvent(new nokia.aduno.utils.Event(GuidanceModel.EVENT_GUIDANCE_STOPPED));
            if (this._positionChangeSimulator) {
                this._positionModel._setPositionProvider(null);
                this._positionChangeSimulator.deactivate()
            }
        },
        pauseNavigation: function (aPause) {
            if (aPause === true || aPause === undefined) {
                this._guidance.pause()
            } else {
                this._guidance.resume()
            }
        },
        repeatLastVoiceCommand: function () {
            this._guidance.repeat()
        },
        isNavigationRunning: function () {
            if (this._guidance) {
                return this._guidance.isRunning()
            }
            return false
        },
        getNextManeuver: function () {
            if (this._guidance.className !== "GuidanceMockup") {
                return this._guidance.nextManeuver
            } else {
                return new Maneuver(this._guidance.getNextManeuver())
            }
        },
Lastly some proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKcRFteeJOg

If you feel brave enough and wish to experiment with this version, please back up the old ovi maps index.html file found in "/usr/share/nokia-maps/html" (rename it to something else) then copy the new "index.html" file into the folder. For the maneuver images, you'll need to put the new image I made into the "/usr/share/nokia-maps/html/pfw/images/spices/newroutesigns" folder (you'll need to make it, the zip file contains the full path for assistance).

Feedback is welcome

Update 25/12/2010
Added a new feature as requested by elie-7. The file is attached below. Be warned though, it shows ALL of the POI, so the screen might be a bit messy sometimes, especially in the city (as you can see in the picture ). Also fixed a slight error (figured out firebug can do track the errors for me ). A new image was created for this (which is looking terrible ) so remember to copy that in too. In the future I will try make the POI more configurable, but I have a feeling it'll be a fair bit of work
Attachment 16526

p.s. If I shouldn't share Nokia's code, please delete this thread
Downloaded the files , extracted them to /usr/share/nokia-maps/html ... nothing happened

Hmmm. Last night everything was working well, but this morning not so much.

It seems to work better when "simulating" by dragging the view around than when actually tracking the device position. I am not sure why that is the case as all the gets used is the position and speed. And the speed is undefined all the time.
I definitely am using the wrong source for position updates (or using it wrong), but it will take a while to figure out what a better way would be.

The Following User Says Thank You to CormacB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
Downloaded the files , extracted them to /usr/share/nokia-maps/html ... nothing happened
Which files? If they are ComacB's html file, I unfortunately cannot help since I cannot myself get them to work (most likely due to the number things I've changed in my ovi maps). If they are mods that I did before, do you get any errors? no function?

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by CormacB View Post
Hmmm. Last night everything was working well, but this morning not so much.

It seems to work better when "simulating" by dragging the view around than when actually tracking the device position. I am not sure why that is the case as all the gets used is the position and speed. And the speed is undefined all the time.
I definitely am using the wrong source for position updates (or using it wrong), but it will take a while to figure out what a better way would be.
This might be a bit dodgy (then again most of my code is ), but I made another global variable and used that for tracking distance. It should work without the cursor being on the point.
Code:
        _updatePosition: function () {
            if (this._positionModel && this._positionModel.isLivePositioningData() && this._positionModel.hasValidAccuracy()) {
                this._position = this._positionModel.getPosition();
                this._usingLastKnownPosition = false
            } else {
                this._position = this._positionModel.getLastKnownPosition();
                this._usingLastKnownPosition = true
            }
            if (this._usingLastKnownPosition === false) {
                var accuracy = this._positionModel.getPositioningAccuracy();
                if (accuracy > PositionModel.ACCURACY_THRESHOLD) {
                    this._usingLastKnownPosition = true

}
            }
				currentPosGlobal = this._position;
        },
Code:
                var m = this._currentRoute.getManeuvers()[this._nextMan].getPosition();
                var p = currentPosGlobal;
                var dist =  this._mapModel.distanceTo(m,p);

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post: