Active Topics

Notices

untick the enabled box then save then go back and make sure ur offline when u do it

I tested the configuration with the twitter plugin but not run, I can only see my contacts and I also get dms, but I can not see the timeline or send tweets.but I tested this configuration in Mauku, and worked really
well, I can see the timeline and send tweets, only I can not see my contacts. which is the reason why this configuration works in Mauku and not in the plugin twitter conversations?

sorry for my English

I put api.supertweet.net/1 as host url. Without /1, my saved searches wouldn't show up in my Contact list.

The Timeline still doesn't work though

And remember to do all editing of the account settings through the VoIP and IM accounts in the Settings menu. Otherwise you may encounter the blank Advanced Settings problem.

Last edited by generationally; 2011-06-08 at 06:51.

fyi - i downloaded the supertweet server and tried running it locally on the n900 with icetea6; unfortunately to no avail - i got loads of java errors and a 404 when attempting to access local jetty http server

it was worth a shot!

tried the win32 server as well to no avail installed ok, seems to be running, everything set up ok, n900 fails to log on successfully - unfortunately the supertweet server doesnt produce any errors logs other than the jetty one (which responds with 302's) so it looks like it failing somewhere up the stream - tried all the app settings on twitters site also to no avail - what needs to be done to the plugin to get it to work? i might have a look at it and see if i can do something with it - i dont think supertweet is going to work here..

fyi im a coder coming from win32 background, know little about linux but willing to try and make this work

Last edited by fusi; 2011-06-10 at 22:50.

progress update: have managed to compile latest version (0.8.0 by mikeage) for maemo5 - oauth doesnt work atm, but more stuff works using supertweet api - work is ongoing

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fusi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
so, the reason why this twitter plugin doesnt work anymore is because of something has changed with twitter and OAUTH is needed/doesnt work anymore?

Thanks,
nexus

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by nexus101 View Post
so, the reason why this twitter plugin doesnt work anymore is because of something has changed with twitter and OAUTH is needed/doesnt work anymore?

Thanks,
nexus
Auth0 seems to be the problem indeed. Any ideas maybe?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Unfortunatly not. It's just a pitty because it's the most useful twitter client for N900 IMO. I just tested tweeGo and tweetSuit. There are ok, but having to start an external application (without having a widget on the desktop) is inconvenient. This twitter plugin seems to be fine..

Uploading picutres / changing profil settings would be cool, too. That's not possible with any twitter client on n900, right?

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by nexus101 View Post
Unfortunatly not. It's just a pitty because it's the most useful twitter client for N900 IMO. I just tested tweeGo and tweetSuit. There are ok, but having to start an external application (without having a widget on the desktop) is inconvenient. This twitter plugin seems to be fine..

Uploading picutres / changing profil settings would be cool, too. That's not possible with any twitter client on n900, right?

I'm also convinced this plugin is a nice piece of software, I really like the contacts and messages integration, to bad it doesn't work at all. I don't like those other apps: fonts to small, no widgets, etc, so I just don't use them.

Unfortunately I have no coding skills, so it won't be me fixing this plugin. I hope there will be someone skilled enough to get this plugin up and running.

There is a sharing plugin for Twitter, not sure if it works though, but you can always try it http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...twitter-multi/