Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Luke Valentine View Post
Ovi still not working in the Uk through the shortcuts. Am I right in thinking this is the reason why the N900 is not a recognised device in the Ovi site, for backing up contacts ect?
It does not work anywhere through shortcuts, not sure why but we are all accessing it via direct link through google. Good enough for me at the moment.

Been a busy day for my N900, it's like the first day of ownership all over again

Doesn't work in Poland. I've managed to log in on the page via the phobe. I've changed the unit from N97 to N900. I can even see the games but every time I tap on a game it only shows that I can recive an sms with a link. When I tap on the link it shows that ovi is unavailable for me.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Luke Valentine View Post
Oh, seems to be here aswell, odd. Still not through the shortcut though, which I gather is a link to the Ovi store once its out of beta, however long that'll last.

Pretty underwhelming really though.

And still frustrating that Ovi doesnt have the N900 as a supported device
It does - on your pc click the 'where's my phone'. n900 is third row from the bottom, in the middle.

Use the browser in the device to choose what you want, d/l and the app manager will install.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
It does - on your pc click the 'where's my phone'. n900 is third row from the bottom, in the middle.

Use the browser in the device to choose what you want, d/l and the app manager will install.
I cant help but feel like we're looking at different sites? Im on the www.ovi.com site, all registered, into contacts, bottom left 'your device', add a device, and no n900 at all???

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
No, try https://store.ovi.com/

Then click 'where's my mobile' and scroll down.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
now everything works ok. just had to turn of hide browser agent

it works for me in Serbia through shortcuts. No need for direct link. Great news after all.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
No, try https://store.ovi.com/

Then click 'where's my mobile' and scroll down.
I get ya. So now I see all the apps ect, BUT if I go to contacts ect, and want to register a phone to sync with Ovi, the N900 is still not an option, so Im guessing thats because its still beta maybe.

The apps ect work just fine, just not the contacts syncing. Never mind, im sure its only a matter of time, thanks for the help anyway

Loving Angry birds!

Oh and the Black and White theme is sexy! Just wish the background for the last 2 home screens was on the main one! Majority black looks better than majority white!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I find the choice of for-pay desktop images to be quite telling for the Ovi Store. . . .
Yes, in that category at least, the Ovi Store and the Playstation Store are well-nigh identical.