Notices

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Please always fill a bug report: http://bugs.meego.com/enter_bug.cgi?...=SyncEvolution

I made one for google: http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2647

The developers don't read this thread often!

Thanks, Uwe

Me on twitter

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Denmark
Has someone been able to solve this yet?

I have the same problem when trying to sync to Oracle calendar at my work.

I have tried to edit config.ini to remove SSL checking - then I get "smlProcessData failed, returned 0x2012" instead.

Also in my case there is no problem with verifying the SSL certificate from a browser and there is also a webcalendar client that works just fine from the device.

Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Has anyone got issues when using an SSL connection for syncing?

In the logs it shows:

Code:
  • [2010-02-04 17:24:06.794] CurlTransport Failure: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
  • [2010-02-04 17:25:05.797] SyncContext: resend previous request #1
  • [2010-02-04 17:25:06.113] CurlTransport Failure: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
  • [2010-02-04 17:26:05.115] SyncContext: resend previous request #2
  • [2010-02-04 17:26:05.569] CurlTransport Failure: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
  • [2010-02-04 17:27:05.581] SyncContext: resend previous request #3
  • [2010-02-04 17:27:05.989] CurlTransport Failure: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
  • [2010-02-04 17:28:05.991] SyncContext: resend previous request #4
  • [2010-02-04 17:28:06.449] CurlTransport Failure: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
  • [2010-02-04 17:28:32.639] Asking server to suspend... Press CTRL-C again quickly (within 2s) to stop sync immediately (can cause problems during next sync!)
  • [2010-02-04 17:28:32.640] --------------- Ignoring all commands in this message (after 268 sec. request processing, 268 sec. total) with Status 514 (0=none) from here on
It works just fine from the Outlook/Thunderbird Funambol client and visiting the link in the N900 browser shows:
Invalid Request - The MDaemon SyncML server does not support requests from web browsers. Only SyncML 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 clients are supported.
So all should be well

Originally Posted by dsokus View Post
Has someone been able to solve this yet?

I have the same problem when trying to sync to Oracle calendar at my work.

I have tried to edit config.ini to remove SSL checking - then I get "smlProcessData failed, returned 0x2012" instead.

Also in my case there is no problem with verifying the SSL certificate from a browser and there is also a webcalendar client that works just fine from the device.
Again .. take a look http://syncevolution.org/wiki/nokia-n900-oracle-beehive

If my instructions there doesn't work, then perhaps more investigation is needed, but I know atleast on our company setup, those steps works, including SSL communication.

You need to have your beehive administrator to *ALLOW* your syncevolution as client for beehive in 1st place, without that, all efferts are just waste of time.

Web-browser accepting SSL certificate has nothing to do with curl, which is low level library under syncevolution handling SSL traffic.

Last edited by nsjra; 2010-06-12 at 13:21.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
This is just what I am also looking for. This is Nokia's way of reaching diverse society. They made a linux based for that don't support synching with linux products. This is very frustrating for me and many others because they purchased the N900 to completely do away with Windows.
excellent point! I wish Nokia can read this We bought Maemo products to stay away from Microsoft products! And I believe a lot of us want easier integration with our linux desktop. Nonetheless linux users are a resourceful bunch, we make a way for the benefits of the whole community.

The Following User Says Thank You to wongdg For This Useful Post:
Heh. I think you're confusing why you use linux with why vendors use linux

Do you really think that vendors putting linux in a wifi-router do it for better integration with the linux desktop?

No, and nor do Nokia.

Nb, it pisses me off too - but there is a syncevolution mailing list out there with more news

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by nsjra View Post
You need to have your beehive administrator to *ALLOW* your syncevolution as client for beehive in 1st place, without that, all efferts are just waste of time.
Hey, thanks. I doubt that our sysadmins would be glad to change anything in their setup so unfortunately I guess I'll have to go without syncing my calendars this way, at least for the time being.

Hi All,

I've just installed this app.

I've set up a and I'm trying to do a normal sync

At the moment when ever I start the sync it looks like it's going to do something then I get an error message.
"synchronization failed"

Is there a way I can fix this or find out what the actual error is?

My Blog

You can get more info if you tap on the error, in history. Can you provide more info?

Any hints on how to diagnose Google problems? I get "Error 22000" every time.

Originally Posted by lassed View Post
Hi kaput,

I had exactly the same problem, solved it by setting the correct value in calendar/config.ini :
Code:
type = maemo-events
The "syncevolution -c funambol" -command defaults to an incorrect value for N900 with the latest build.

Hope this helps,
-L
I seem to be hainvg trouble with this as well, and simply changing the type in /home/user/.config/syncevolution/default/sources/calendar/config.ini doesn't change my results. I still get a 22001. Anything I'm missing?

EDIT:

I've figured this out to an extent, thanks to the SyncEvolution mailing list.
For Calendar, type must be set to
Code:
type = calendar:text/x-vcalendar!
for calendar to work. You can follow the exact conversation on the SyncEvolution mailing list here. [http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.com...evolution/1688]

Last edited by aschweitzer; 2010-09-15 at 20:48. Reason: SOLVED (partially)

The Following User Says Thank You to aschweitzer For This Useful Post:

Tags
calendar sync, maemo 5