Notices

The UI in fennec is SOOOO much better than microb, speed notwithstanding. For this reason I love it. I like all of my tabs contained in one window and app. If Microb would do this then it would be pointless to use fennec.

My one gripe at present is it seems that fennec is a battery killer when left open in the background. Microb can be left open for days and does not draw extra juice.

Anyone else notice this, and have a method of preventing it. I'm sure there is a setting in the config file that is responsible.

2d

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
The UI in fennec is SOOOO much better than microb, speed notwithstanding. For this reason I love it. I like all of my tabs contained in one window and app. If Microb would do this then it would be pointless to use fennec.

My one gripe at present is it seems that fennec is a battery killer when left open in the background. Microb can be left open for days and does not draw extra juice.

Anyone else notice this, and have a method of preventing it. I'm sure there is a setting in the config file that is responsible.

2d
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Powersaving

Not helpful, but at least the issue is noticed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
is it possible to disable the auto zoom function for text input? it gets annoying at times. I also think it is annoying because pressing the down arrow in a text box (like the one I'm using to type this message) goes to the next field. can that be changed?
You can disable the whole formhelper, or you can disable form autozoom without disabling formhelper.
Open about:config (in Fennec, of course)
type
formhelp
and you will see three options

Set them to whatever you find appropriate, maybe restart Fennec, and test whether it has any effect.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
bahh.. uninstalled.. can't deal with the slowness after getting so used to microb. Almost makes me feel like i am using symbian.

Will see if FF 2.0 or something will be better. cheers!

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Italy
My too are not conviced by Fennec after a day of use. I noticed that the CPU is more weigh down, and two times Fennec freeze with a message that a javascript should be terminated, but i was forced to terminate the whole browser.

Another thing that i disliked is the virtual keyboard support, occur that when you have a form already filled and want to modifity, it's impossible since in the virtual keyboard the previous information does not appear, so you can only add more string to the existing one.

I don't uninstall it, but for now MicroB seems to wins.

I don't know, but I really like it. Using it more and more now, love the interface.

Anyone found out how to disable rotation yet? Nothing that I have read or tried has worked.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to breakd0wn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
When is fennec 2.0 due? Some of my add-ons are saying 'incompatible' with 1.1..

> Some of my add-ons are saying 'incompatible' with 1.1..
Maybe, the developer of the add-on has forgotten to update the add-ons, and they are marked as compatible only with 1.0.

> When is fennec 2.0 due?
Here is 2.0 alpha:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o.../binary-armel/

What add-ons are "incompatible"? In most cases, it's enough to change maximum Fennec version in add-on file to make it compatible. There isn't much difference between Fennec 1.0 and 1.1 and even 2.0, for add-ons.

Just name the add-ons, and I give you .xpi - s for Fennec 2.0.

How? Rename .xpi to .jar or .zip, take install.rdf from archive, find where it says maximum possible version of Fennec, write 2.*, save changes, put install.rdf back into archive, rename archive back to .xpi - finished!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Did anyone test fennec 2 beta already ?

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Did anyone test fennec 2 beta already ?
As far as I know, Fennec 2 is alpha now, not beta. I test fremantle-qt, it sometimes crashes (rarely), and it's not worse than 1.1. Faster or slower, I don't know. It has Sync built-in. It should be better than 1.1, I hope, but it's still alpha, updated daily.
Qt
Non-Qt

Tags
fennec, firefox