Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
you are right. europe and america are swimming in iphones and androids
You forgot about your allergy........SYMBIAN.

Originally Posted by s23pore View Post
Not all of the analysts support having Elop fired, though I certainly do. Take a look at this:

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/St...mview?bn=23441

If a CEOs job requires him to inspire his workforce, innovate, and releasing compelling products in a timely manner that matches or leads the pace at which he competitors issue releases, then Elop has failed miserably and deserves to go. The truth is that this dude defines what it really means to be an utterly inept CEO. Hopefully, Nokia's board of directors wakes up tomorrow and sees the light to send Elop on his way off of a burning platform without any severance.
It's hard for the board to do that now, they are pretty much owned by MIcrosoft now. You can tell by the reception of MeeGo and Symbian Belle, and yet no action against Elop.

Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
let wp come and then we will decide about ELOP.. for me he is doing a fine job!!!
Doing a fine job at getting Nokia extinct.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Looking at Nokia a la 2011, I can see why you guys revived this oldie thread

/Agree

If Elop's job was to destroy Nokia then indeed he's succeded...

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
What a load of fantasy scarecrow bullocks. You don't get to chose the factory of your phone.

I have had more phones than the average dude, MUCH more. They come from all manufacturers, Nokia, Samsung, SE, Palm, HTC etc etc, even a couple of Chinaphones. To this date I have never had any problems with any of them, not the kind I couldn't fix myself, or that wasn't fixed through software update.

I have lost them in the toilet, my P1i was lost in the snow outside my home after a "couple" of beers at the pub. I found it two days later when it started raining. It works fine today. My N900 I sent into the pavement when reaching for it and had to jump away from a car at the same time. Changed the bezel and the digitizer screen, and is as good as new.

SE and HTC will disintegrate by themselves after 6-12 months of hard use (with a few noteworthy exceptions like the P1i and the Magic), but they keep on working. Samsung and Nokia will go on forever, but there are are a few exceptions there as well. Palm would also self destruct.
The latest Nokia products are having issues. More so than fruit phones. I think that manufacturers are defecting to higher volume products like Samsung and Apple. NOKIA will not be able to get as favorable deals as its volumes drop

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
You forgot about your allergy........SYMBIAN.
no symbian left in America. havent seen nokia phone in the us over the past 10 years. only Taleban penny phones

i was amazed how much iphone has penetrated europe. in stockholm i saw more iphones on the streets than nokias

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by s23pore View Post
Not all of the analysts support having Elop fired, though I certainly do. Take a look at this:

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/St...mview?bn=23441

If a CEOs job requires him to inspire his workforce, innovate, and releasing compelling products in a timely manner that matches or leads the pace at which he competitors issue releases, then Elop has failed miserably and deserves to go. The truth is that this dude defines what it really means to be an utterly inept CEO. Hopefully, Nokia's board of directors wakes up tomorrow and sees the light to send Elop on his way off of a burning platform without any severance.

thing is stockholder and operators seems to like him cause of his good talks(means brainwach...)

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
If i understand you right then yes WP will sell much easier than Maemo/Meego ever would because Maemo is dead and Meego unfinished and unknown.

If he is a good CEO then he will make this WP platform the best thing since sliced bread because if it is unsupported and unfinished anythng like Maemo was and Meego still is then Nokia will be looking for a new CEO before the end of the year !.
so this week maemo is dead nice. lets see what random abil_uk says next week....

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I'm about to go out and enjoy some sunshine. By the time I'm back I want more reading on why wp7/flop will fail, why symbian blows, why meego rocks and why we all think gerbick/Dan can help Nokia succeed.

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest