Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Ohhhkaay, can somebody fill in the blanks because I got lost...(tip:the first has already been done to you)
1. Maemo is already dead
2. Symbian is ___________
3. Meego is ___________
4. WP is ___________

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Ohhhkaay, can somebody fill in the blanks because I got lost...(tip:the first has already been done to you)
1. Maemo is already dead
3. Meego is ___________
4. WP is ___________
2. soon dead
3. good as dead
4. the future

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
I never said WP7 was a smrtphone OS.

One of the highly subjective requirements of a smartphone OS is how it handles connectivity with the internet. Symbian fails at this.

But most people and members of my family see android as their next device. My daughter prefers Blackberry over Nokia devices and thats saying something.
Most of my girlfriends prefer a 5800, E72, N97 and N900 over an iphone or other devices and that's saying something.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
1. Maemo is already dead
3. Meego is ___________
4. WP is ___________

2. Symbian is pining for the fields
3. Meego is not dead just resting
4. WP is weak phone

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Berkshire UK
A very sad day for all Nokia, Symbian, Meamo, QT and Meego-lovers.

This was a very bad move for Nokia - WP7 was in dire straits before this was announced, in a much worse position than symbian or meego. I don't think Nokia and WP7 will sell. The Nokia/Symbian crowd, which make up most of profit of Nokia, like and use symbian, and won't wish to downgrade. The American market will still see Nokia as a foreign and leftfield phone manufacturer, WP7 or not.

It looks like the N900 is the first and last truly open-source phone? Though, as others have said, I'll be looking to android and webos.

What makes me angry is that just one ex-microsoft employee can **** all over several great open-source projects and a great company in one fell sweep. It's like once a microsoft employee, always a microsoft employee.

The Following User Says Thank You to Duncan J Murray For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Turbanato|2 View Post
why are people so negative about this? This means nokia will pe putting out the same os's that it originally had + 1 more... it just means they can now target nokia fans who love symbian and maemo, they can target the programmers and android lovers with meego, and they can target window's users + business market with wm7.
i think this is an amazing move, especially since nokia now has access to ms's wallet. And so much money and support has gone into meego that meego will NOT be forgotten. They still need an answer to android, and meego is it.
Keep dreaming of Symbian's and MeeGo's future survival. only way for that would be if Elop suffered a terrible accident...oops,didn'say that outloud..

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Berkshire UK
1. Maemo is already dead
3. Meego is ___________
4. WP is ___________
2. dying
3. dead
4. a 'never-ran'

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
1. Maemo is already dead
2. Symbian is going to die in the next year
3. Meego is used to probe market response to a new OS.
4. WP is now Nokia's main OS
Debian

The Following User Says Thank You to Ele-Mental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by gunni View Post
Damn. If i had thought about it yesterday, i could have been rich by today. Should have bought puts on Nokia stocks.
This is what lots of people have done. Nokia stock has been shorted hard because it's the obvious thing to do from a pure markets perspective. Doesn't necessarily reflect anything long-term (I hope).

Originally Posted by Duncan J Murray View Post
It looks like the N900 is the first and last truly open-source phone?
This statement is wrong.

1. N900 is not the first FOSS phone - freerunner is I believe but the phone just sux.

2. N900 is not a truly open source phone - from what I remember stskeeps was saying only 50% of the code has been open sourced. (or something like that)

3.N900 is not the last open source phone, I believe there is a successor to free runner annouced but thats a dev phone.

Tags
elop ur a pain, meego sucks