Closed Thread
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
So, now we are just waiting for announcement, about prototype tizen device "lend" program, for talented developers etc... And some naive dev guys just following another twist
Oh, I think the intersection of the set of people capable of writing a "Hello World!" program with the set of people who think Tizen has a future is small enough to preclude anyone falling for this.

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Sure, but iOS, android, webOS and Qt are different SDKs that all already have a mobile interface. Not saying that supporting them is easy (especially the platform dedicated ones), but we're not talking about supporting many desktop SDKs but rather many already mobile SDKs.
I'm talking about multiple SDKs one one device, which is what the OP was suggesting should happen.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
I'm talking about multiple SDKs one one device, which is what the OP was suggesting should happen.
well, multiple desktop SDKs exists and are more than one are supported on most desktop platforms. Multiple mobile SDKs exists, and it seems a fair point to ask that more than one should be supported on this mobile platform.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ the praeternatural tower
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
then you can tell me which companies use Qt as primary development language besides nokia?
I don't know about primary development language, but

from https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...28framework%29

Qt is most notably used in Autodesk Maya,[9][10], Adobe Photoshop Elements, OPIE, Skype, VLC media player,[11] VirtualBox, and Mathematica,[12] and by the European Space Agency,[13] DreamWorks,[14][15] Google, HP,[16] KDE[17], Lucasfilm,[18] Panasonic,[19] Philips,[20] Samsung,[21] Siemens,[22] Volvo,[23] and Walt Disney Animation Studios.[24]

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
It's an open source effort. In my ears, that's not primarely a bad effort.
If they won't succeed, they have not put in enaugh effort

An open source platform powered by high end sammy hardware sounds nice, but so does winning the lottery. Time will tell.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
tizen means "our asses" in my language

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
NSA and CIA will use all its powers to make Tizen fail. Call me paranoid, but they want closed source operating systems, which are made in "homeland", in USA. When eventually all people will have some kind of mobile phone/pda, it is the most easiest and cheapest way to do their job to have controlled closed source OS run in them.

There were lots of people who wanted Meego and Symbian to fail also, and they succeeded.

It is a back up plan for not so high profile things though. We all know CPUs all have backdoors, don't we? :P

Last edited by zimon; 2011-09-29 at 21:12.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
NSA and CIA will use all its powers to make Tizen fail. Call me paranoid, but they want closed source operating systems, which are made in "homeland", in USA. When eventually all people will have some kind of mobile phone/pda, it is the most easiest and cheapest way to do their job to have controlled closed source OS run in them.
Oh wow... there's a conspiracy theory around mobile OS's now? Please... tell me more.

There were lots of people who wanted Meego and Symbian to fail also, and they succeeded.
Yes. Stephen Elop and Steven Ballmer. But honestly? No marketing definitely helps in that failure too.

It is a back up plan for not so high profile things though. We all know CPUs all have backdoors, don't we? :P
Only the ones you own.

They're after you. I'm serious.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by ahbarnasha View Post
tizen means "our asses" in my language
What is the singular. Tize?

Intel and the Linux Foundation can kiss my tizen.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
What is the singular. Tize?

Intel and the Linux Foundation can kiss my tizen.
A small correction: Intel and the Linux Foundation can kiss tizen.

Closed Thread

Tags
déjà vu, tizen