Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I think I should add a parameter of "-int" and "-ext" which will be mandatory whenever it isn't possible to determine the correct memory card based on available partitions... the parameter would also override the partition/card detection process allowing the user to force which card to use...

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
BTW - I never got a chance to THANK YOU! for your awesome instructions on the whole partitioning/cloning process. You were very clear and concise which helped sooooo much. Milhouse, you ROCK!
My pleasure!

Milhouse and others who can help,

I really want to be able to boot my os2008 from my sdhc card. I have an n800 with os2008 flashed by Nokia store in NYC two weeks ago. I travel a lot and this is my only internet device/computer. I don't have an external keyboard yet(stores never seem to have them in stock) The n800 works flawlessly. I've added Mara's USB Host and can choose osso-status menu host mode to access various USB devises. Very cool app.

My questions,
I have x-term and becomeroot from Mara's project yet when I go into install wget I get the following errors. Please help me get this project completed. I need this done by Monday as I leave for a month long project. Again thanks for putting up this guide. lol, Dan
Attached Images

Originally Posted by dan View Post
Did you really get the above screenshot when entering the command

Code:
apt-get install wget
?

If so, it looks like a previous application installation has gone awry and needs to be completed, or removed... what have you done up to this stage because that error doesn't appear to have anything to do with wget.

Milhouse,

Thanks for your quick response. I was out on errands.
I've loaded several apps( osso-status bar[works well], vlc[which would not let me complete a change the developer said I should change in nano], p7zip-7z[works], quiver[works well], MobileVDR[which never loads], typespeed[never used, actually I can't find], omweather[works well], nako[works well], mplayer[doesn't work well]Izop[never used],Doom[works well],fbreader[works], eboard[works well]gnumeric[works well], sgt puzzles[work well], load-applet[works well]. I get warnings of excessive memory use[probably because I only have about 16 mgb on the unit. Should I start removing apps that don't function or I don't know how they function?
Any further help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan

Milhouse,

I also get excessive cpu warnings.
Dan

Removing apps you don't use might help, but I still don't know why you get the above errors when apparently trying to install wget as it has none of the dependencies listed in your screenshot... apt seems to be confused about something and we need to clear that up first. What happens if you run "apt-get update" - does it complete without errors? If you get errors, what are they?

Milhouse,

I get this at bottom of apt-get update.
Dan
Attached Images

Milhouse,

Should I now try again 'apt-get install wget' ?
I have never done this so it makes me very cautious.

Dan

Originally Posted by dan View Post
Milhouse,

Should I now try again 'apt-get install wget' ?
I have never done this so it makes me very cautious.

Dan
Yes, give that a try - best of luck.

Note that the screenshot you posted in your previous message is taken only part way through the "apt-get update" process so I can only assume it completed without errors.

Milhouse,

That's the bottom of apt-get update message. it ended at 99%.
I will try to apt-get install wget. I'll cry for help if things don't improve. lol, Dan

Thanks,