Active Topics

Closed Thread
Yeah Lumiaman where are you now? You should definitely buy more stock...

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Yeah Lumiaman where are you now?
Looks like he's banned

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Uh, so it really isn't his day... I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by volt View Post

Chris Weber, former Head of Markets, North America. You know, the one responsible for Nokias continuing biggest failure, the North American market. A blind man can see where this is heading.
Apparently Mr. Weber hasn't sold a phone in his life, or worked in mobile industry. But he used to work for "guess which company?". No points or any other kind of reward for guessing it right.

At least Mcdowell and Savander were finally purged. Half decade or so too late, but better later than never. Elop finally did one thing right.

This is an unfortunate milestone in the history of Nokia. In nearly two years Elop has been their CEO Nokia has seen their stock price plummet more than 70% (going as far as 75% below before rebounding slightly).

Compare this to the three year 74% slump that happened since the arrival of the iPhone, counting from the stock price' high in Nov 2007, around the time the original iPhone took off, to when Elop took charge in Sep 2010. Btw according to Wikipedia he was *compensated* by $6 millon for taking over the job at Nokia in addition to the $1.4 million annual salary...

Just for fun I also checked the stock value loss from Nokia's all time high during the dot com bubble until Elop's arrival, which weighs in at around 80%, which is in the same ball park.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Looks like he's banned
LOL

10 chars

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I love how well this guy is getting paid to bring Nokia down. 6 million on top of 1.4 million compensation.

The board of directors isn't helping this situation. I might be able to buy the stock and get a certificate before it becomes a penny stock and justify the price.

I wonder how much one could make as a shareholder when parts of nokia get sold in a year or so. The company seems to be getting more and more digestible for potential buyers.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
It's nothing else than the Nokia Strategy as explained after feb11: Nokia Windows Phone, Next Billion, Future Disruptions.
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Just a reminder for the R&D discussion: the partnership with Microsoft is an important part of the Nokia strategy but there is more. See http://www.nokia.com/global/about-no...t-us/about-us/
It's June of 2012, now. So uh.... how's that partnership working out so far? Have you hit that 'next billion' yet? How much farther into the 'future' do we have to wait for the 'disruptions?' Also... why is that page no longer there so soon already? Is there some kind of deeper meaning to that?

Name:  gbyenokia.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  22.9 KB

This is the Internet where these things CAN sometimes come back to haunt--especially when the CEO is paid so well to publicly, possibly exhibit clinical symptoms of idiocy.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
danramos, the page is http://www.nokia.com/global/about-no...t-us/about-us/

You have an update on the Nokia strategy at http://press.nokia.com/2012/06/14/no...s-and-outlook/ Same purpose and structure as announced in feb11, focusing in Lumia, Asha and location-based services.

Now, if you don't mind, I'll focus my maemo.org time in things useful to maemo.org.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen