Notices

artpra, have you noticed any difference between startup times of 1-openmediaplayer-99fa336 and 2-openmediaplayer-afd396a? Because pretty much the only thing that changed between those versions is the point at which something called MafwPlaylistManagerAdapter is created. In v1 it is created before GUI is shown, which, from what I understand, could increase the time before OMP window becomes visible. In v2 it is created only when really required, and it is not required just after startup (unless you have playlist view selected in music window), so I expect OMP window to become visible earlier in this case, at the cost of being locked down for a moment, probably by some other MAFW function.

Startup time is one thing that makes me curious, the other is whether simply creating MafwPlaylistManagerAdapter before the window is visible will restore the old behavior. Please check if the attached version is locked down on startup and (if you do not mind rebooting a few more times) see if there is a noticeable difference in startup time between 20130804 (either from the repository or this one: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1489) and the attached version. Comparison between 1-openmediaplayer-99fa336 and 2-openmediaplayer-afd396a would be also very welcome.

The key moments in startup to look for are: a) main menu becomes visible; b) song count becomes visible.

Originally Posted by Sourav.dubey View Post
its not possible
Pali already gave a brief explanation on it
Gidzz Pali won't it be possible have the button so whenever we click on it, it note down the time mm:ss and in the background take screenshot
A screenshot is taken every time a video is paused, that's how OMP creates thumbnails for interrupted clips. IIRC, it is saved in /tmp or a similar place, under the name of mafw-gst-renderer-*. However, this method is rather unreliable, as the automatic screenshots sometimes just stop working. Luckily, looks like my N900 has that problem right now, so I might be able to do some D-Bus sniffing to see what the stock player does to fix it.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
While I remember it would be nice to get lyrics on to the uSD card with my Music. I try to store as little as possible on eMMC. Is it possible to have uSD as a Lyrics save option? If possible I could just move the ".lyrics" folder to the uSD card to keep my cached lyrics.
As long as the uSD is not a Windows filesystem, you can move ~/.lyrics and/or ~/.cache/openmediaplayer/lyrics and create a symlink to point to the new location. On Windows filesystems you might run into problems with some songs, due to disallowed characters and lack of case sensitivity.
Attached Files
File Type: gz openmediaplayer-test2.tar.gz (402.9 KB, 66 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
1-openmediaplayer-99fa336: OMP icon clicked -> 3 seconds -> main menu visible with song count and immediately usable
2-openmediaplayer-afd396a: OMP icon clicked -> 3 seconds -> main menu visible but locked and without song count -> 18 seconds -> song count appears and GUI unlocks
openmediaplayer-test: OMP icon clicked -> 3 seconds -> main menu visible but locked and without song count -> 18 seconds -> song count appears and GUI unlocks
openmediaplayer-test2: OMP icon clicked -> 2 seconds -> main menu visible but locked and without song count -> 18 seconds -> song count appears and GUI unlocks

As you can see it`s VERY consistent behaviour: all binarys (except 1-openmediaplayer-99fa336) are locked exactly the same way. openmediaplayer-test2 starts slightly faster but its locked state remains the same.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Wow, that's really bad news... or maybe not really! I am afraid that I messed up with test2: I've got two OMP folders lying around and it looks like I made the change in one, but compiled the other. Please grab test3 and just tell me that it works.

I have finally managed to lock the player, by killing mafw-playlist-daemon and mafw-dbus-wrapper prior to launching OMP. test3 seems to be immune to that.
Attached Files
File Type: gz openmediaplayer-test3.tar.gz (403.0 KB, 75 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Tried the new build and... it behaves just like the 1-openmediaplayer-99fa336, so it's good. Starts after 3 second with song count and without locked GUI.
I think you nailed it gidzzz!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
A little request: I would like to have an option to disable the search funktion. Often I just want to scroll and then the search bar is open, although I didn't want to search anything

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Request.

Is there a possibly to add control of RDS text into the FM transmitter dialog?

I find it really annoying that the RDS text is "Nokia", having to set it in terminal with "fmtx_client" every time the transmitter is used is just frustrating.

It would be nice to have a couple of options:-
*RDS text is user selected string.
*An RDS text is song title option and user string if not playing.

Also IIRC the FM transmitter should start up again if it times out. It seems this does not happen with OMP is there a reason for this?

In a hire van today so had lots of FM TX use

Here's something that may help with my request
I have been told by the author you are more than welcome do use it

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
thanks for this great player!
i have this funny problem when i try to play some video files from my serviio upnp server. they show up with question marks and they cannot be played either! however on stock mediaplayer, no question marks and they play easily. screenshot attached. whats wrong??
Attached Images

Last edited by tcbl50; 2013-09-14 at 09:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shinigamijim
I just updated it and none of my videos seem to play at all.

nor the ones i recored, the ones i download from cutetube.

I get unsupported media

am i the only one ?

Originally Posted by Shinigamijim View Post
Yeah it fixed, after unexpected reboot all seems to work again.
What is causing this? Is there another way to solve this issue without reboot?

rebooting is very annoying and i find this player's error very often

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
i'm using the build from Aug 4 2013 on CSSU thumb.
There seems to be a bug with the indexing.
i get double instances of all music files in tracks lists, although they're all present only once. the problem does not regard artists and albums.
maybe there is some way to clean up the database?

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2013-09-27 at 14:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
i'm using the build from Aug 4 2013 on CSSU thumb.
There seems to be a bug with the indexing.
i get double instances of all music files in tracks lists, although they're all present only once. the problem does not regard artists and albums.
maybe there is some way to clean up the database?
try tracker-processes -r in terminal without root priveleges

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murik For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse