Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
mind sending logfiles?

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Simple, in your work whatsapp ports or servers are blocked.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Simple, in your work whatsapp ports or servers are blocked.
Good Idea. But all my co-workers have no problems using whatsapp when connected to our wifi.

Log-File send, but with a very short description as phone runs on 100% CPU usage while mitakuuluu is running and trying to reconnect.
Even after the maximum connection retries (20 in my case) phone stays on 100% CPU.

Hope you get some clue out of the logs.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
BTW just a note for the german translator (I'm not on Transifix and unable to correct it): While downloading audio files it shows ''wird hochgeladen'' istead of ''wird heruntergeladen''.

P.S. I am also getting this reconnection loop of Mitakuuluu even with a very constant WIFI reception (even without moving my Jolla around)... will send you a log coderus.

Last edited by willi6868; 2014-08-26 at 11:56.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
like this? https://github.com/CODeRUS/mitakuuluu2/issues/175
Not really...it would help in that situation also, though.
What I mean that the notification (vibration and/or sound) should....notify...the user there is a new message. it doesn't really help when the user gets notified half a second it has been notified. And that ten times in a row.

To avoid complications with messages received within the time a new notification may be done, and thus the possibility not have been read, I would suggest to build in a timer: when a message comes in, don't immediately notify via sound/vibration (but only visible). When within, say 5 seconds, no new message comes in, then vibrate/make sound.
If new message comes in, reset timer, but not for more than x seconds total: the situation could occur that an extreme amount of message are coming in and the timer for the notification by vibration/sound keeps resetting...

in this case if inside conversation will be sent 20 messages in 5 seconds, application will show only one unread message, i don't like this.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
in this case if inside conversation will be sent 20 messages in 5 seconds, application will show only one unread message, i don't like this.
That's not what I mean, I'm sorry...
I don't want the visual notification to change, only the sound/vibration.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Small v0.8.3-2 bugfix release

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Nice new update, coderus. Thanks for that.

I want to provide a little bit more details to the problem I mentioned few days ago. Maybe that helps you find a solution.

On mobile data and at my home using WIFI mitakuuluu works like a charm.

At work we now have a WIFI which is free for personal usage. So you are allowed/able to connect your private devices with it. Nevertheless it is restricted to employes as we have to subscribe to this service and have to use our own login data.

Unfortunately Sailfish OS 1.0.8.19 is not able to directly connect to this WIFI using the graphical interface of the connection manager. As far as I understand it, not all network configurations are supported by this graphical interface. Nevertheless there is a workaround described here:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...ed-workaround/

I had to create a config file manually for our WIFI which is using PEAP and MSCHAPV2. The connection is successful and I can browse websites, download stuff as usual. WIFI indicator shows, that I'm connected.

When I start mitakuuluu it quickly gets into a reconnection loop and CPU usage jumps to 100% during this (checked with lighthouse). This also happens when mobile data and WIFI is activated. But while mitakuuluu is reconnecting, I still can browse websites. And as I mentioned before, ports used by whatsapp service are not blocked as my co-workers can use it without problems on their android phones.

wpa_cli shows no additional entries during mitakuuluu's reconnect loop. That and the fact that I can still browse websites leads me to the conclusion that the connection is still there.

So my final questions:

1. Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
2. What is the trigger mitakuuluu enters its reconnection loop? No connection?
2a: Why is the connection using our WIFI at work not recognized?

Maybe it is a bug in Sailfish's connman/wpa_supplicant. But why is only mitakuuluu affected by this?

coderus, don't get me wrong. It is not a critical bug for me right now. I simply disable WIFI and I can use mitakuuluu without problems. But it is a bit uncomfortable as my workplace is in an area where only 2G reception is available.

Tags
coderus, it's a trapp, jolla, sailfish, whatsapp, whatscrapp