Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'm not quite sure what is the meaning of such legislation? Does that mean that international roaming would not work because if I came into your country my phone would be blocked from the network...?
Would I still be able to roam if I changed my simcard to a phone I bought or rented locally?

Very odd idea, I think you must have mistaken something.
You can use your own simcard. But if you insert a local simcard, it would block the network traffic after an amount of time. This is to prevent import of mobile (illegal) phones. You can register your phone (imei) by paying some money so that it won't get blocked.
You can register 1 phone in 2 years of time (you also need to have a stamp on your passport to show that you went to another country)

This is how it works in Turkey though...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
This is crazy legislation! How would I keep my multiple phones I always carry in my bag. Not to mention that there is no big advantage in having all numbers registered. The police here in Germany have the instrument for many years, made millions of queries and it helped to solve only a low single digit number of cases. No basis to invade the privacy of millions of people!

I am happy there are still parties fighting against the current legislation and I hope it won't get to a state like in Turkey in the future.

Last edited by Macros; 2019-07-11 at 13:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
possible...... on my XZ2 camera is also not full on not 16:9 (4:3 for pichlo) screen but it's done in a clever way. Preview is in the middle, on top are some camera controls and on the bottom is regular android nav bar which is not there the whole time in other apps.
As long it takes shots on par with the pixel 3, I could care less how big the preview is

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Quick question re the event in Dusseldorf: I can get there, but what else should I do? Register myself for the event?

EDIT: Registered myself and my accompanist (long story), except I got two tickets and both have my name on it. That a problem?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Quick question re the event in Dusseldorf: I can get there, but what else should I do? Register myself for the event?

EDIT: Registered myself and my accompanist (long story), except I got two tickets and both have my name on it. That a problem?
Not a problem at all! See you on the day! (And safe driving )

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I would send you a PM but your inbox is full and this is not so P anyway so....
I didn't apply for beta tester but I wonder if you guys do need some help with localization. I'm not sure how it goes in android world (is it already localized upstream?) but I guess that your apps and tweaks are not. Now, Croatia is not exactly a huge market anyway but people from Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia all can use that also. And I have some free time ATM.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
I would send you a PM but your inbox is full and this is not so P anyway so....
I didn't apply for beta tester but I wonder if you guys do need some help with localization. I'm not sure how it goes in android world (is it already localized upstream?) but I guess that your apps and tweaks are not. Now, Croatia is not exactly a huge market anyway but people from Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia all can use that also. And I have some free time ATM.
Thanks - I just cleared some items.

Thanks for offering help. From my experience in Android world it's mostly ready. (I might be wrong) Because we have kept it almost vanilla. I will check with our dev team if needed I will certainly come and ask for help!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Cool, see you guys then!

And yes, i'll be driving there.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
I don't remember this being mentioned here (at least I didn't get the memo), so there you go:

I take it what's "going to be in sep" is the release of the first batch to the world, and not the start of its production...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by British View Post
I take it what's "going to be in sep" is the release of the first batch to the world, and not the start of its production...
I read Mr. Soo intruducing the term Production but only wants to know if he is still in first batch if he preorders now (rather late).
Fx is not picking up the Production term but confirms that if preordered now, you/he are/is still in first batch.

I guess you read the term production to close and expected Fx to pick it up. But i think it is save to say the discussion is not about actual production-runs, but casually about availability if preordered now.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit