Active Topics

Originally Posted by mullf View Post
Will they have a mapper program to plot a navigation path for your space ship?
What, users are supposed to provide their own space ship? I won't be buying any such device unless it comes with a Sub-Etha Sense-O-Matic transceiver!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
But a SEP field is required...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
What I want to see most... a way to trade in my 770 and N810 for the N900. Heck, extend that offer to the community first.

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
1) buy a bunch of MicroSD to SD card adapters (watch out, all of these adapters will make you a supergeek)[..]
Ok, admittedly that _would_ work, kind of

4.8 inch screen -or 5 inch on a n810 thats it -maybe a new os,better gps
the rest is fine

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
4.8 inch screen -or 5 inch on a n810 thats it -maybe a new os,better gps
the rest is fine
With in the realm of possibility, the front face has a diagonal of 5.7 inches, so it's really "just" a matter of reducing the bezel.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
I'd like Bluetooth 3.0, 802.11n, USB charging (would prefer to eliminate the "standard" port, but would settle for being able to charge via the USB port in addition to the standard), hot swappable batteries (capacitor for the interim), inductive charging (palm pre dock style), a secondary EInk display, solar charging integrated into the hard cover (yes I want a hard cover like my 770 has), diversified model line including models with and without keyboards, a pico projector...ummm, oh yes, and I'd like the battery to be one of the newer lithium ion chemistries that charges in 2-3 minutes instead of hours. As an aside, to everyone who po-pos the pico projectors being integrated into phones or IT or MIDs, the killer app for phones with pico projectors has got to be head up display on the windshield, of say google maps (or your mapping program of choice), GPS enabled of course. Anyways, when is it showing up?!??!?!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
"Google plans to release a mobile app called "Star Droid", which uses a combination of GPS and the phone's camera to label the stars above your head.
They use the compass for the direction, not the camera. Hey, if I knew the N900 spec would make this possible, I would have already made such an app (likely slow and bloated, but still ) when QGil first suggested it last year. Without compass, with just accelerometers and a camera it would be quite a feat.

I reckon the star map matching/recognition bit is the most interesting aspect, but then I like DSPs too...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
They use the compass for the direction, not the camera. Hey, if I knew the N900 spec would make this possible, I would have already made such an app (likely slow and bloated, but still ) when QGil first suggested it last year. Without compass, with just accelerometers and a camera it would be quite a feat.
Still, I would get ready for an online virtual world that you interact with from the real world on a mobile device much like this Star Droid with Google sky.

Can you imagine standing in a field @ Gettysburg or Waterloo, pointing your device at a farmhouse and them having an overlay come up on your browser with relavant facts and additional sites linked to it?

Can you also imagine millions of tourists, by using such an app, giving Google permision to send relevant adds to their device based on their reported location like "and right arround the corner is La Pate Et Ose"?

Tags
dpads are fun, ideas, n900, n900 wishlist, revenge of the styli, stuff for nokia to read, the wrath of sty, wishlist