Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Corp
Did you mean Cop? As in Copernicus?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Did you mean Cop? As in Copernicus?
Yep. Sorry. Cop. Good cop. I'm bad cop.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-10-27 at 16:43.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Corp please give me the thread title and I change it to your likings. You defend jolla what ever happens. But can't handle a thread name or create a new. Whatever suits you.
Oh, you were asking me? Hey, at least in my opinion, this is your thread; you should be allowed to name it what you want, and do with it what you want!

In truth, my complaint is that there are all sorts of folks trying to impose their particular constraints on this thread -- moderators merging all sorts of other stuff into it in order to make it one single "omnibus" thread, other members trying to filter out certain types of posts in order to constrain the thread to a particular topic of their choosing.

A question to everybody here: before we start telling Dave999 what he should do (if we really should be doing that in the first place), we really ought to make some things clear:

a) Do we need one single omnibus Tablet thread? (And if so, should Dave's thread be the one? Does he really want this thread to be the one?)

or b), Are we going to allow multiple Tablet-related threads, with the associated risk of overlap? (I personally don't see the harm in overlapping threads myself, but yeah, I'm not an expert on these things.)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Dude. Forget the mods. Step up and take the decision
Don't be such a nice guy all the time

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Dude. Forget the mods. Step up and take the decision
Very well. Here is your new thread title:

"Discussion over the Design, Features, and Rollout of Jolla's new Tablet, Assuming that it isn't a Figment of our Collective Imagination"

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
b), Are we going to allow multiple Tablet-related threads, with the associated risk of overlap? (I personally don't see the harm in overlapping threads myself, but yeah, I'm not an expert on these things.)
This will happen regardless. The focus of this thread has been expanded with the merge; not sure if it addresses the original scope any longer to be honest as branded/named.

Having an official Jolla Tablet Grievances Thread will attract the most attention; but is that your goal now? I doubt it.

Folks want to see the progress (or lack thereof) of Jolla Tablet shipments, so this should happen here in my humble opinion. Other threads will pop up that discuss communication (or lack thereof) from Jolla, their blog updates and of course their user experience, experiments and other idle talk in other threads.

Rename this thread into a catch all perhaps and let the rest just organically happen. That's my unrequested opinion.

Just noticed that Dave999 added glasses to my moustache avatar. That's cute...

"Discussion over the Design, Features, and Rollout of Jolla's new Tablet, Assuming that it isn't a Figment of our Collective Imagination"
I support this.

Man that's deep!

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
There is no info to share, when were some shipments — there were a lot of posts with about shipment. Now it's stalled, so what exactly the problem.
P.S. I like the few pages of conversation judging not related info in this thread.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
There is no info to share, when were some shipments — there were a lot of posts with about shipment. Now it's stalled, so what exactly the problem.
P.S. I like the few pages of conversation judging not related info in this thread.
The factory has no time to make it now? So maybe they can manage to build some in next month and then December the rest or something. Jolla is not that important customer for them to delay other customers.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
What's wrong with a tablet being a figment of your imagination? Its the idea that is important not a piece of midrange hardware with some nice software on it that is behind schedule. But now I forget. What was the idea?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund