Posts: 47 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
#278, cyrillic layout, received ok in Finland. Works fine so far.
Can't yet use cyrillic letters though - cyrillic layout in stock application is disabled, and setting Russian layout in text input settings for hardware keyboards doesn't change anything.

Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
After updating to 1.17.24 my TOHKBD2 does not get recognized at all. Am I the only one with the problem?
Maybe your TOH eeprom is corrupted?

You can start also manually.

devel-su
xxxxd

systemctl start harbour-tohkbd2

Received my TOHKB two days ago, and I'm absolutely overwhelmed! Andrew, Dirk and Kimmo, thank you so much for bringing back that special N900 feeling

There have been only two little problems thus far: 'u' key needs quite some force to register a key press, and the TOH part comes off rather quickly. Used some paper and now it fits perfectly.

I noticed that Android apps aren't included in the alt+tab task switcher, could this be included in a future software update?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gehowa For This Useful Post:
Same for me - the keyboard is great, but my "u" key needs quite a lot of force to register (while the haptic feedback ist just as on any other button.

I had some trouble with the connected keyboard losing connection every few seconds, but then I found out it was a self-made problem:
I had a sheet of paper from the "fix-loose-battery-with-strip-of-paper-hack" sticking out from the battery that made the TOH part not sit tight enough on the phone itself.
After fixing that, no more connection issues

The Following User Says Thank You to Casanunda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Been 4 weeks since I've seen my order number posted on mailed list. No TOHKBD yet. Kind of sad and lonely here in US...
Kind of sad and lonely here in the UK - although there is at least one other Jolla and TOHKBD person - tetris11

My Kickstarter order number 1179 does not appear on the mailed list - do I need to be concerned?

The Following User Says Thank You to sunsurfer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I'm also waiting in the UK. My order number isn't on the list either...

Relax, you are not suffering alone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by sunsurfer View Post
Kind of sad and lonely here in the UK - although there is at least one other Jolla and TOHKBD person - tetris11

My Kickstarter order number 1179 does not appear on the mailed list - do I need to be concerned?
I contacted dirlvl and although mine was on the list it hadn't made it to the post office yet. So have to be patient. Maybe kill time waiting by making up acronyms...

How about

TOOTOTOHKBDFUS

(The only one to order TOHKBD from US)

BTW, I can't believe I am TOOFUS to order one! Glad you're not TOOTOFUK!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by Casanunda View Post
Same for me - the keyboard is great, but my "u" key needs quite a lot of force to register (while the haptic feedback ist just as on any other button.

I had some trouble with the connected keyboard losing connection every few seconds, but then I found out it was a self-made problem:
I had a sheet of paper from the "fix-loose-battery-with-strip-of-paper-hack" sticking out from the battery that made the TOH part not sit tight enough on the phone itself.
After fixing that, no more connection issues
Seems the problem with the u-key is a common pattern here, since its the same for me (QWERTZ-Layout). Haptics feel identical to the other keys, but "u" needs quite a bit more force to register. Other than that the TOHKBD is working fantastically for me

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following User Says Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Tomorrow all Kickstarter orders (except azerty and stealth) will be assembled and sent. Doing repairs, forgotten backplates, forgotten second tohkbds and preparing for funkyoh tohkbd orders next week.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Tomorrow all Kickstarter orders (except azerty and stealth) will be assembled and sent. Doing repairs, forgotten backplates, forgotten second tohkbds and preparing for funkyoh tohkbd orders next week.
Thank you to Andrew, Dirk and Kimmo for your excellent work!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd