Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by rokkaker View Post
why every time I open Yappari asks me to register?
I've no problem. have the user the right permissions to the yappari.conf file (home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.conf)??
if that is not the problem then you have to post your log file (next to the conf)

there is nothing in home / user / .config / scorpius / yappari.conf Yappari but it works the same!!
help!!

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
About the searchable contacts, they are searchable. Select any contact (so the current focus is in the contact list) and then type letters, it should jump to the contact which the first letter is the one you pressed.
Speaking of this, it would be nice if this search behave as in other N900 apps, like the contacts, where when you press 2 letters instead of 1, intead of searching for names that starts with the 2nd letter, it would search for names starting with both letters. Mmm, that explanation sucks, let me put it as an example:
If you have these contacts:
Aaron
Abby
Ben
If you type "a", you are placed over Aaron's contact. If you type "ab", you are placed very briefly over Aaron's contact and then over Ben's contact. In the Contacts application, when you type "ab" it places you at Abby's contact, it searches for the whole string "ab" instead of for singular letters.

I found that behaviour much more useful, and also consistent with regular GTK+ (I use this type-search feature in my PC a lot in different GTK+ applications).

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to llucax For This Useful Post:
in yappari.conf there is android=true!!?

Originally Posted by llucax View Post
let me put it as an example:
If you have these contacts:
Aaron
Abby
Ben
If you type "a", you are placed over Aaron's contact. If you type "ab", you are placed very briefly over Aaron's contact and then over Ben's contact. In the Contacts application, when you type "ab" it places you at Abby's contact, it searches for the whole string "ab" instead of for singular letters.
@llucax
it is already like that, you just have to press "ab" more quickly behind each other. or just keep pressing "a" to scroll through all the "a's"

@Scorpius
Nice work man!! development is coming along great, and sure is worth the wait

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by rokkaker View Post
in yappari.conf there is android=true!!?
Delete the whole /home/user/.config/scorpius directory. You have a permissions problem (you created the config file as root).

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
@llucax I would have to code that and intercept the signals, and even then I'm not sure if it's possible using Qt. Right now is just standard Qt widgets that do all of that.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Delete the whole /home/user/.config/scorpius directory. You have a permissions problem (you created the config file as root).
can you tell me how do I solve because they are new of this mamemo system!!??
I thank you very much for your time!!!

thanks thanks scorpius you are a great
i solved the problema !!!!!!
thanks

at first thanks scorpius for your work you are cool

i have a question. Do i understand it right that i cant use Yappari (n900) and Wazapp (N9) parallel ?

i installed for a few days ago on both devices (yappari 0.0.20 on N900 wazapp 0.2.7 on N9) but there was conflicts and problems. yappari showes me always today "registration attempt too recent " i updated to yappari 0.2.1 but it dident help. but i had to wait xxx.minutes and rennstalled yappari 0.020 now yappari runs without problems and i logged in . But in my N9 device i delete my Wazapp account.

Is it possible to run Wazapp and Yappari parallel with the same phonenumer and one sim-card I place my sim to the N9 and use yappari without sim only with wlan

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp