Active Topics

originally i did, do i need to reflash after i update the menu? ubiboot works great it just not showing up in the menu after i updated ubiboot.conf Do i reflash after i update the menu every time?

The only menu that doesnt show up is the new kernel I am trying to add, everything else is the same

Last edited by plourde; 2013-11-07 at 05:14. Reason: adding information

The Following User Says Thank You to plourde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
ah, you shouldnt. you have errors in your config and you should fix it.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by plourde View Post
originally i did, do i need to reflash after i update the menu? ubiboot works great it just not showing up in the menu after i updated ubiboot.conf Do i reflash after i update the menu every time?

The only menu that doesnt show up is the new kernel I am trying to add, everything else is the same
Check the correctness of your kernel section. For example, you should set the key G_OS<n>_NUM to how many lines you want to show on the menu. (1 to 6 possible, 0 menas do not show anythiing)

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong

u can take a reference of my conf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37229054/ubiboot.conf

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
the only difference in my config is i put thus kernel as label and file 6 the kernel is in /boot. i feel like such a *****

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
maybe you broken menus cpio?

ive made progress, now its in the menu and when i attempt to boot this kernel i get a black screen

Still just boots to a black screen and shuts off after a bit of time, no sign of anything. Any ideas I tried again from scratch and no luck

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Still just boots to a black screen and shuts off after a bit of time, no sign of anything. Any ideas I tried again from scratch and no luck
So can you post your MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log file?

here is my log, thanks for the reply http://www.mediafire.com/?nn9mo0bgpv6esvn

Tags
kernel-plus