Active Topics

Notices

I wasn't sure - strangely my n800 has python2.5-hild... and my n810 has python-hild...

Dependencies for py2.5hd. It may also have a few other fixes besides what was in the last post like a default icon instead of the "missing file".

http://www.zdez.org/tzgpsd-statusbar...c0a-py25hd.deb
http://www.zdez.org/minigpsd_0.30-rc0a_armel.deb
http://www.zdez.org/minigpsd_0.30-rc0a.tar.gz

I think it reinstalled pyculator which pulled in the py-hd instead of py2.5-hd.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:
http://www.zdez.org now has release candidate 1 files. The config/gconf has changed over the pre values so you will have to run the config program and update the values since some may be missing. The standalone app is missing a specific dependency for python dbus support, but that is bypassed for now - I'm trying to get the inactive signal via dbus or osso for the statusbar and the stand-alone is merely a variant of the statusbar. If your BT device is paired and trusted, the new BT Scan button should make setting it easy

I will start a rc1 thread if everyone reports that they can download/update/etc. and configure things and the dependencies are right.

I also adjusted pyculator to use python2.5-hildondesktop as a dependency so that is in my repository

Last edited by tz1; 2008-11-03 at 22:34. Reason: clarify some of the changes

TZ1 I just got back from a 10 day trip and I used minigpsd 99% of the time where where driving it works great . I was runing an older ver . I just upgraded to rc1 . I had to uninstall status-bar and setup-app to install rc1 . Other than that it is working great.

RC1 setup and config looks great !! I have only been gone for 10 days . And there is like 10 new pages posted on here and a ton of work done on minigpsd .

Thanks
Computerfreek

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
I will start a rc1 thread if everyone reports that they can download/update/etc. and configure things and the dependencies are right.
Installation worked for me after I uninstalled the old status applet and configuration program.

Regards,
Hakan

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I wasn't sure - strangely my n800 has python2.5-hild... and my n810 has python-hild...

Dependencies for py2.5hd. It may also have a few other fixes besides what was in the last post like a default icon instead of the "missing file".
In debian/control file you can use "or" to define a dependancy using ||. Then, either one of these must be installed to fullfill the dependancy.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
My bad. I'm not differentiating between not set and set-to-nothing
Expect an update in a little while.
I finally got around to installing the latest update & it works A-OK. I like the new settings window & the applet makes the state of the daemon much clearer. Now no wifi problems

Thanks TZ1!
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Hi tz1,

one question. Is the actual install for rc1 an "all inclusive install". I mean, when i did not have installed a minigpsd version before, is there anything to take care of separately or is all done with the install-script ? When there are updates afterwards, can i do uninstall / reinstall without risking any conflicts or can i install just over the existing rc1 ?
I know risks are always there, just want to know if it should work

Thank's for your work, i am really looking forward to use minigpsd...

MiBi

You need to go to the Navigation selection in app manager and install at least one of the two setup and/or statusbar configuration/status utilities after installing minigpsd. It can be used stand-alone, but it is complicated since it needs configuration information, and the easiest way is with one of these two.

I plan on merging the three (the config stuff is now in a python module (library) so it doesn't make much sense not to have the others. If you don't want the statusbar applet it can be disabled in the control panel.

Great thank's,

so i wait for the full package.

Cheers MiBi

I repackaged it (experimentally) as an all-in-one deb as rc1x.

I'm trying the maemo extras-devel autobuilder - I think it is queued for moving ionto the extras-devel right now. We'll see if it works

This is extras-devel.install file (it will add the extras-devel repository - not fully tested):

Code:
[catalogues]
catalogues = extras-devel

[extras-devel]
name = maemo Extras-Devel
uri = http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/
components = free non-free
For the repository where the bluez-utils-tools orignates from,
sdktools.install:

Code:
[catalogues]
catalogues = sdktools