Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Paris, France
Hi people !

Here is my first plug in for Mediabox.
Sorry, it's not a deb, but a folder (rfo_viewer) to be inserted into "components_extra" and its icon for the themes.

So, what is that thing ?
It's called RFO viewer, it'll show up in the video player, it'll provide recorded TV news (it's no live TV) from "French overseas lands" (Martinique, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Reunion ...) for up to 7 days back.

The UI can speak french or english, according to the user's locale settings... but don't forget the videos are 98% french-spoken ! (2% creole and such)

I hope it will be useful to the 2 or 3 tablet owners here who, like me, were born in the islands they miss

It's wmv, OSSO Media Server seems to play it better than Mplayer does

EDIT : changed icon name
Attached Files
File Type: gz plugin_rfoviewer.tar.gz (20.7 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Krazybat; 2009-02-15 at 10:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to Krazybat For This Useful Post:
looking very promising since last i checked it out. a few questions/comments/requests:
1. nice that you can bookmark files now. i haven't played around with it yet, but that was one of my major beefs with all of the media players except the default nokia--hopefully i can now ditch the default player.
2. playing by genres is listed as being available in 0.96.4--is this version available yet as a deb?
3. car view is very nice--but how about including a nice big fat seek/progress bar in this view?
4. on a similar note, i would LOVE to be able to seek within a track using hard buttons.
5. i'm sure there's a way to do this that i can't figure out--what if i just want to shuffle though all of my music? is there an easy way to do this?

thanks!

Originally Posted by nola mike View Post
5. i'm sure there's a way to do this that i can't figure out--what if i just want to shuffle though all of my music? is there an easy way to do this?
To do so, you can create a play-list with all your music library... While shuffle is on, it does what you want... with the possibility to go back to normal whenever you meet with some album you'd like to listen thoroughly (that's how I do it)

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Krazybat View Post
So, what is that thing ?
It's called RFO viewer, it'll show up in the video player, it'll provide recorded TV news (it's no live TV) from "French overseas lands" (Martinique, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Reunion ...) for up to 7 days back.
Thanks Krazybat! Your plugin works very well.
But you're using the prefix "mb_" for your theme element. Please use something else (e.g. "rfo_"). The prefix is there to avoid name clashes between theme elements of different plugins, so every 3rd party plugin should use its name for a prefix.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this info ! I have just corrected it.

Do you think it would be possible to add these channels to World TV ?
I know they're not live tv and their urls are generated on dates, but I believe no one but me would find it's worth a plug-in

The Following User Says Thank You to Krazybat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Krazybat View Post
Thanks for this info ! I have just corrected it.

Do you think it would be possible to add these channels to World TV ?
I know they're not live tv and their urls are generated on dates, but I believe no one but me would find it's worth a plug-in
I think it should be no problem to have them added to worldtv. You should ask bunanson for adding them to the worldtv99 playlist.

2. playing by genres is listed as being available in 0.96.4--is this version available yet as a deb?
There is no deb for it because it relies on the extended tag indexing stuff of 0.96.4.
But 0.96.4 isn't far away.

3. car view is very nice--but how about including a nice big fat seek/progress bar in this view?
I like this idea. Mockup images for design are always welcome!

4. on a similar note, i would LOVE to be able to seek within a track using hard buttons.
This is planned.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
I'm encountering an album list and artist list bug. My albums at time are not appearing in the By Album list. The files can be played By Folder and the Playlist. What can I do to help report it?

Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
I'm encountering an album list and artist list bug. My albums at time are not appearing in the By Album list. The files can be played By Folder and the Playlist. What can I do to help report it?
You could try rebuilding the file and tag index by removing the *.idx files from /home/user/.mediabox.
0.96.4 is supposed fix this problem soon.

Installed Mediabox today, very nice. Much better than Canola2 (which has been uninstalled already). Thanks for all the work you have put into it.

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube