Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bray , Ireland
Hi all i have some problems whit OMW.
Its no update weather by wifii when i try i get :
Couldn't resolve host. Successfully loaded 0/2
when i swap to GPS conection its work fine but whit wifi its no working any idea
thanx Tees

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Estonia
About omweather-gismeteo-ru-stations-db.
Noticed that Tallinn, Estonia is not there, although i check forecast from gismeteo.ru dayly.
Checked /opt/maemo/usr/share/omweather/db/gismeteo.ru.db and yes, i couldn't find Tallinn there. And probably this is not omweather's bug - i couldn't find Tallinn from http://wap.gismeteo.ru/gm/normal/nod..._4_country=217 also (seems that their wap page is broken/incomplete).
Ok. added Tallinn manually:
"id_gismeteo_new","russian_name","id_gismeteo_old" ,"id","region_id","name","longititude","latitude", "code"
"4072","Tallinn","26038","11555","61","Tallinn","0 .0","0.0","26038"
rebooted and no luck. tallinn isn't there. Doesn't town search look like "select * from stations where region id=61" ?
Also there are far more towns in database than in towns list. It skips towns where 'name' is not in latin letters.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Hi zod.

I have added Tallinn to database in version 0.7 of omweather-gismeteo-ru-stations-db.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
I got a question, can you create your own widget designs? Or maybe it's more appropriate to ask how you create them. I'd love some smaller designs.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
I got a question, can you create your own widget designs? Or maybe it's more appropriate to ask how you create them. I'd love some smaller designs.
Please show me your design and I will try to code it.

Vlad

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi vasvlad, I use OMWeather everyday and I must say its an awesome piece of work. There is one thing I would like to find out: I dont have a data connection at the moment, so if I want OMW to update automatically as soon as i get a connection (when I get home via Wifi). How can i do this?

I have currently set the update interval to the shortest time, but i may not have a connection available at that time.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sting04 View Post
Hi vasvlad, I use OMWeather everyday and I must say its an awesome piece of work. There is one thing I would like to find out: I dont have a data connection at the moment, so if I want OMW to update automatically as soon as i get a connection (when I get home via Wifi). How can i do this?

I have currently set the update interval to the shortest time, but i may not have a connection available at that time.
The function I miss too. News OMWeather used only for the updates an existing Internet connection, but not to build yourself. Perhaps you could add this feature so that everyone can choose whether it is even a link building or only used an existing connection.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
yeah vasvlad how about auto connection on auto update please

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New York City
Hi Vlad -

I just downloaded the latest version of OMW available (OMWeather 0.26.4) and the 2 available DBs (OMWeather database for weather.com 0.9.17 and OMWeather database for gismeteo.ru 0.7) for my new N900 - but can't locate any Cities in the Configuring Station (i tried with both the WLAN and GSM update options selected individually...and with both selected).

use case is as follows:

click "City" button in the Configuring Station > the City data entry window pops up > i type Austin into the text area (trying to locate Austin, Texas, US - i also tried typing in "Austin, TX" and "Austin, Texas") > i click Done > name of city entered is automatically highlighted > nothing else happens > the only option i have it to click in the area above the City data entry pop-up window to go back to the Configuring Station.

The source set in the Configuring Station is "weather.com". I have tried the other database source (gismeteo.ru) that's available but have the same results.

help please?

Thanks!!

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Hi Vlad your OMWeather is awsome I'm using it from the beginig, but I have an issue if I select station from GPS never works is not trying to fetch signal from the gps also I make clear the station and save it then select gps again, still not working try different station slot 1-4 no success un install re install the same, could you help me please.
Thanks

Tags
omweather