Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
It reminds me some bug in DBUS lib (I think). Application 'usbcontrol' has the same diagnostics if it is ran as root. If it is started as user - it works. I don't know that is it, actually.
It's precisely that. You can use run-standalone.sh to run it as root (run-standalone.sh "tells" (exports environmental variables) the program the location to some files needed for D-Bus to do its stuff) but running it as user, as it is intended to be, is better.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Janski View Post
I tried setting it up on Saunalahti with these settings, but I'm apparently doing something wrong with the connection settings in Settings > Internet Connections. It fails to connect with unable to resolve host

I've set up a new APN via fAPN, but then I have something missing. It makes things a tad bit more complicated that my OS is set up in Finnish. Could someone who's on Saunalahti maybe walk me through it? Screenshots would help. Thanks.
My settings are as follows:

Additional APN created with fAPN
Yhteyden nimi: Saunalahti mms
Yhteystyyppi: Pakettidata

Yhteysosoitteen nimi: mms.saunalahti.fi

Lisäasetukset
Käytä välityspalvelinta: ruksi ruudussa
HTTP-välityspalvelin:62.142.4.197
Portin numero: 8080

fMMS Configuration
APN: Saunalahti mms
MMSC: http://mms.saunalahti.fi:8002
Resize image width: 1280 (aika iso, mutta toimii)
Your phonenumber: +358...

That's all folks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ko2610 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
It's precisely that. You can use run-standalone.sh to run it as root (run-standalone.sh "tells" (exports environmental variables) the program the location to some files needed for D-Bus to do its stuff) but running it as user, as it is intended to be, is better.
Good point.

fral - what do you think, do you need a root in this case, for exam - can your daemon runs as user? Or you want to keep a possibility of servicing multiple users (it is not for N900, of course).

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
the gui should be run as user, im looking at migrating the daemon process to run as user as well (I have no idea why I made it run as root in the first place :P)

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ko2610 View Post
My settings are as follows:

Additional APN created with fAPN
Yhteyden nimi: Saunalahti mms
Yhteystyyppi: Pakettidata

Yhteysosoitteen nimi: mms.saunalahti.fi

Lisäasetukset
Käytä välityspalvelinta: ruksi ruudussa
HTTP-välityspalvelin:62.142.4.197
Portin numero: 8080

fMMS Configuration
APN: Saunalahti mms
MMSC: http://mms.saunalahti.fi:8002
Resize image width: 1280 (aika iso, mutta toimii)
Your phonenumber: +358...

That's all folks!
Ok, so don't put http:// in front of the access point name. Check.

Works! A message delete function would indeed be welcome in the future. Not that I have much use of MMS with email invented, but it's nice to have. Great work.

Originally Posted by Janski View Post
I tried setting it up on Saunalahti with these settings, but I'm apparently doing something wrong with the connection settings in Settings > Internet Connections. It fails to connect with unable to resolve host

I've set up a new APN via fAPN, but then I have something missing. It makes things a tad bit more complicated that my OS is set up in Finnish. Could someone who's on Saunalahti maybe walk me through it? Screenshots would help. Thanks.
Try using http://62.142.74.22:8002 as MMSC. For some reason I have the same problem with Elisa, dns not working with mms access point thus I'm using http://213.161.44.110 as MMSC with Elisa.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Version 0.1.6 doesn't want to start...

/opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py: "Import Error: No module named evolution"
Run on command line:
sudo gainroot<enter>
apt-get install python-evolution<enter>

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
fMMS lists now six MMS on my phone. However, it can only display the contents of about 3 of them, three others only show a blank white page when opening.
How best to debug? Where can I find the contents/original mms? Shall I email these contents to you, frals?

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
fMMS lists now six MMS on my phone. However, it can only display the contents of about 3 of them, three others only show a blank white page when opening.
How best to debug? Where can I find the contents/original mms? Shall I email these contents to you, frals?
For each of the 3 messages that only show a blank page try removing /home/user/.fmms/mms/<ID OF THE MMS> and then relaunch the application, this will show them as unread and they will be redownloaded and parsed.

If they still show up as blank messages: please email me the message file for each of these messages, they are stored in /home/user/.fmms/mms/<ID OF THE MMS>/message. NOTE: By sending me these files I will be able to read the messages and their content (hopefully :P) - if this is not acceptable please do not send me these files.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

I set up my internet connection and settings according to the wiki site for T-mobile USA. It worked like a charm! Thanks for all the hard work!

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python