Active Topics

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Luke Valentine View Post
I get ya. So now I see all the apps ect, BUT if I go to contacts ect, and want to register a phone to sync with Ovi, the N900 is still not an option, so Im guessing thats because its still beta maybe.

The apps ect work just fine, just not the contacts syncing. Never mind, im sure its only a matter of time, thanks for the help anyway
If you go to www.store.ovi.com from your n900, you can simply d/l the apps and app manager will install them.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
I always wanted a portable elements table.....

I always wanted a portable elements table.....
One man's meat and all that. The point is that the platform will support anything from a serious physics tool to Angry Birds.

Personally I'm waiting for this to come to Maemo. To each their own!

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
I know! As I said earlier they are the only thing I really really need and then I have to pay for them!
If only one could find images of scantily clad females for free on the internet =(

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaysire For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
One man's meat and all that. The point is that the platform will support anything from a serious physics tool to Angry Birds.

Personally I'm waiting for this to come to Maemo. To each their own!
'Manage approximately 20 sensors to collect information about the user’s location, ambient audio environment, running applications, accelerometer state, and so forth'

Thats certainly not your usual app. Sounds incredibly intriguing, although hopefully wont be lost in an avalanche of platforming penguins and social networking!

The Following User Says Thank You to Luke Valentine For This Useful Post:
'Manage approximately 20 sensors to collect information about the user’s location, ambient audio environment, running applications, accelerometer state, and so forth'

Thats certainly not your usual app. Sounds incredibly intriguing, although hopefully wont be lost in an avalanche of platforming penguins and social networking!
It's collating the available sensory input: is the user fidgeting and pacing? Is he/she rocking? Has he/she sat still for too long? Is the noise level too high/low? Is the user being shouted at?

With a light sensor (like the n900 has) you could monitor light levels - is the user skulking in a darkened room? In a bright, fast-moving environment like a busy supermarket?

For the sensory disregulated individual, these things can mean the difference between coping, curling up in a little ball or self harming. A device that could detect the sorts of environments and offer coping strategies could teach people how to manage their own stress. (A dialogue box says "There's a lot of noise: suggest you put your noise reducing headphone on" and the device plays soft music - then opens something like the snowglobe or liqflow) Eventually the user learns to recognise for themselves environments that are stressful and find ways of lowering the stress.

The idea behind it is fantastic, but I cant help but feel that if it's under developed, it could cause more harm then good.

At a very basic level, yes, perhaps it will be able to distinguish between 'calming' environments and 'stressful' one. However, there are far too many variables then what the phone will be able to keep track of.

is the user sulking in a dark room? Is he or she self harming? Or are they simply lying on their bed in a dark room for relaxation? A bright, fast moving environment could be a car ride, a super market, a fair ground, a night club.

Will the choices of the app become obtrusive to a user? The changing of music when not asked for or required, the suggestions beebing through like texts? Does the app have to be 'on' or will it work in the background?

Im sure in time answers, and indeed a more focused direction will come, but for now, whilst it remains thoroughly intriguing, it sounds more like an unattainable pipe dream.

Anyone else realise if you slide up and down in angry birds it zooms out and in. Probably they did but freaked me out first time I accidentally did it.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aniMAL_ View Post
Loving Angry birds!

Oh and the Black and White theme is sexy! Just wish the background for the last 2 home screens was on the main one! Majority black looks better than majority white!
Just go into /home/opt/themes/blkwhite/backgrounds and check out the file theme_bg.desktop , you can modify the wallpapers in there. Simply change the names to repeat.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Ovi store in US is open and works just fine. yes its beta but still. Here's my first app "Level" pretty cool ))
Attached Images