Originally Posted by Radu View Post
When I start icd2, it will stay there and do nothing indefinitely. However, as soon as I tell it to connect using the 3G ipv6 connection, it will say:
using default apn
seg fault
I build a new version (1.3) and put it up on google code:
http://n900ipv6.googlecode.com/files..._1.3_armel.deb

This version will print out three additional messages:

before attach
before QuickConnect
after QuickConnect

Please install this version (just requires a dpkg -i and then restart icd2) and let me know what messages it generates.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Wow, I tried your new version and now it actually works!! I can go to websites and stuff (a bit slow since it's only 2.5G and I have a bad signal, but it works!). You are the best

P.S. Is Skype supposed to work? Because it seems that my Skype won't connect over the cellular network.

Wow, I tried your new version and now it actually works!! I can go to websites and stuff (a bit slow since it's only 2.5G and I have a bad signal, but it works!). You are the best
Nice! Glad it works.

P.S. Is Skype supposed to work? Because it seems that my Skype won't connect over the cellular network.
It looks like Skype is trying to connect to IPv4 address directly. It probably won't work on v6 only connections.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
hi, i think i am not ready for ipv6. due to i have trouble connecting it. so i would like to roll back to ipv4. how do i uninstalled it. i did removed using xterm n reboot. i still cant connect to internet. can anyone show me how to get back to connect to ipv4?

thanks.

Originally Posted by covid View Post
hi, i think i am not ready for ipv6. due to i have trouble connecting it. so i would like to roll back to ipv4. how do i uninstalled it. i did removed using xterm n reboot. i still cant connect to internet. can anyone show me how to get back to connect to ipv4?

thanks.
Is the v6 connection still listed in your choices of networks to connect to? What happens when you try to connect manually to the v4 network?

Is there any IPv6 voice chat option? It seems that Gtalk can only send/get text messages over IPv6, and it will not work if I try to talk to someone with an IPv4 connection.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
@ ddrown

HI thank for help. i think eerything was fine, just becuase i didnt got confirmed message from TMO about my v6. i got it today and installed again right away. at first installed, it worked great, faster down n upload speed. i can login with only google but not yahoo and skype (i knew cos its not support v6) its okay, but i found out my google can only chat but cannot make a call. i always video and voice call through google talk, but not anymore, i called her, the status stayed connecting forever..... she called me i picked up....it coneecting forever. so i assumed its not work. when i get home from work today. i have tried install script using dualstack, without remove IPV6 only deb package out of my n900. i've experience my ipv6 only connection not connect to any gtalk cutetube yahoo skype and also cannot go to youtube.com. that even put me in bad situation.

i've done the speed test, and chekc ip v6, i am everything right, but my speed isnt different from ipv4 before.
my speed test at work place using only ipv6 is UP: 1mb DW: 1.98mb
my speed test at home using dual stack is UP: 0.53mb DW: 0.48mb
i was wonder what a problem, so i test with only ipv6 i got the same number as dual stack. so i assumed that because its was different tower different location.

i really need skype n google talk to work. cos that the reason i buy n900

i am i saying it clear: i think its kinda complicate.
thanks

Originally Posted by covid View Post
i really need skype n google talk to work. cos that the reason i buy n900
ok yeah, I'm sure skype won't work on v6 only currently. I expect that google talk voice/video is in a similar situation. To work around that, you will have to either connect with v4 only, or use the dual stack setup.

I can only hope that someone will update skype/google talk to support v6. Theoretically, it would be easier than dealing with nat on v4.

I have something I've been experimenting with that fixes some of the problem applications. With it, I was able to get The One Ring (Google Voice) working on my v6 connection. Unfortunately, skype still doesn't work.

I have more details at: http://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/LDPreloadNat64

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by ddrown View Post
I have something I've been experimenting with that fixes some of the problem applications. With it, I was able to get The One Ring (Google Voice) working on my v6 connection. Unfortunately, skype still doesn't work.

I have more details at: http://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/LDPreloadNat64
Installed, rebooted, The One Ring works. Tested GeePS, fails to load, gives a segfault. GeePS works with the IPv4/IPv6 connection, but not on IPv6 only (w/o fix).

Temporarily uninstalled due to wifi bug (disconnect/reconnect wifi and it works). Is this just the first time after reboot, or the first time after the IPv6 connection?

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile