Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by vdubbs85 View Post
after the PR1.2 update, the fn key seems to function as another enter key under LXDE, which makes it rather difficult to type in numbers. This is an issue seeing as I can no longer type in IP-addresses in applications such as wireshark and zenmap.
I haven't seen such behavior yet. Do you have that also in other applications?

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
I haven't seen such behavior yet. Do you have that also in other applications?

Nope, not outside of LXDE, just any application running inside LXDE. Not sure if there's a keymapping cfg file specific to LXDE I should edit?

Last edited by vdubbs85; 2010-07-20 at 16:03.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
avidscavenger: I don't know specifically what's happening, but you have two image files mounted with the dmloop, and your N900 crashes when attempting to close all apps running in the image file (using fuser). I suspect there is some kind of interference between the two image files.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by vdubbs85 View Post
Nope, not outside of LXDE, just any application running inside LXDE. Not sure if there's a keymapping cfg file specific to LXDE I should edit?
I don't have that for any application inside LXDE. What national keyboard do you have?

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
I don't have that for any application inside LXDE. What national keyboard do you have?

I'm using a US keyboard.

Nevermind,

I replaced the /usr/share/X11/xkb under my debian partition with the same directory from maemo side, and it worked!
Still not sure why I suddenly needed to do this following the PR1.2 update, but either way it works now.

Last edited by vdubbs85; 2010-07-20 at 22:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vdubbs85 For This Useful Post:
I love this app!

I'm a web developer and having an installation of PHP and MySQL on a portable device is a big deal for me.

I do have 1 request though. Can we have an option to install an image without all the bloatware? I'm not particularly fond of Open Office, nor do i plan to use Gimp/Firefox. I just need a simple terminal.

would there be any way to get calibre installed via apt-get on easy debian? I see it is not in the repo, Is there a repo I could add and then after install just disable the repo?

or would moving to the version I see in extras-devel work?

the only 2 apps I really need (well apart from a phone) on the n900 are a real linux with all command line apps (so thats easy debian not maemo) and an epub reader that can show me the table of contents in my oreilly epub books (that is calibre not fbreader evidently).

thanks. loving the learning I am doing on easy debian from the regular repo but willing to get experimental to get calibre ....

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
ishtangli: are you running out of space in your image?

extendedping: Please see the wiki and the posts above for enabling the squeeze repositories.

Will enabling the squeeze repo allow me to finally start pulling muscles from a shell? I've always wanted that functionality in bash.

ok off to read the wiki.

ok I uncommented the 2 lines in etc/apt/sources.list and then did apt get update and apt-cache search calibre, got no output. guess I am out of ammo here

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze