I believe I'm using the latest version of the applet and I get the low battery warning chimes when I go to last 5%, but I have taken the battery to 0% (there was 5mAh left) and it didnt trigger autoshutdown. I have bq27200@ installed, but I'm not sure if the battery is currently calibrated (I have two different batteries that I sometimes swap).

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@merlin1991: Do you know, why are libqt4-meegographicssystem and libqt4-meegographicssystemhelper packages required in CSSU metapackage?
+1

ten chars

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
where the heck said gconf key is?
/apps/osso/status-area-applet-battery/use_design_capacity

I agree that some documentation should be available.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
FWIW, I also noticed a strange behaviour of the battery applet. The indicator not changing to red in the last 5%, reports of 345/254 mAh with the number saying 100% but the icon showing less than half full, reports of 0% for a few hours before auto-shutdown... I attributed it to a lack of proper calibration and indeed, letting it run down completely to 0 and then recharge to the full helps but not for long. It started happening out of the blue. My battery applet version is 1.0-8.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-01-12 at 19:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
now documentation is only in git commit which introduced that gconf key... sorry but I cannot dig now...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
and note, when you are *not* using bme replacment there should not be any problem with design capacity. applet should report what stock bme tell it...

so it looks like applet has still some bugs :-( I thought that it working fine now, so I proposed it to cssu-testing. but it looks like that our sw will be tested more after it enter -testing repo...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
and note, when you are *not* using bme replacment there should not be any problem with design capacity. applet should report what stock bme tell it...

so it looks like applet has still some bugs :-( I thought that it working fine now, so I proposed it to cssu-testing. but it looks like that our sw will be tested more after it enter -testing repo...
AIUI those fake values for charge/capacity are not really a fault of the applet - sometimes BME goes nuts and reports bogus values for last charge and remaining capacity. Maybe those should be ignored (if capacity change from the last reported value is more than lets say 5%, use the old value), dunno

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

That's OK, it's exactly what cssu-testing is (should be) for. The only thing that could be done better is some documentation when such "big" new features are implemented*, as it would help avoiding confusions/help identifying what is bug and what is a feature

/Estel

*I know, new battery applet isn't "big" in itself, but it is *big* relatively - it is one of the most commonly used UI feature, and it wasn't touched, changed, and presented for mass consumption since dawn of times, i.e. at least since Nokia's PR upgrades
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Last version of CSSU-testing modify /etc/default/mount-opts by adding:
Code:
commit=1
to...
Code:
root_opts="errors=continue,data=writeback"
Rationale?

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
stock maemo uses data=writeback,noatime,commit=1, iirc

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing