Closed Thread
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by teh View Post
Are you sure this is not a network related issue? I've not experienced this unless my network is acting up.
No, i framed my question wrong. The problem is when the phone rings, but the screen remains blank because it was in the middle of something. So, the call continues ringing and we cant pick it up.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
tbh, I think there should be a hardware button for answering a call, it might be the only thing that can fix this delay.
A daemon can capture the camera key when a call's received, and release it when the call's answered/ended, that way you would retain whatever functionality you have on the camera key, and still answer calls with it.

Though I'd imagine camera-ui would open the camera after answering the call :/

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
camera-ui will error out when a call is active, for the same idiotic reason that the music player pauses when the camera is active.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
tbh, I think there should be a hardware button for answering a call, it might be the only thing that can fix this delay.
A daemon can capture the camera key when a call's received, and release it when the call's answered/ended, that way you would retain whatever functionality you have on the camera key, and still answer calls with it.

maybe this could be solved with a slide to answer thing.. depending on how that could be implemented.
maybe using the unlock slider to answer calls? just throwing out ideas.

The Following User Says Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Regarding the section in transitions.ini:
[thp_tweaks]
blurless = 1
taskswitcher = 2
zaxisrotation = 1
forcerotation = 1
tactilepopups = 0
Has there been any thought about renaming the section to something like [cssu_tweaks] or moving individual settings into other existing sections, e.g. zaxisrotation into the existing [rotate] section?

I'm not trying to take anything away from thp, who has done an awesome job with his various tweaks. I understand the problem of potential namespace clashes, which is why a [cssu_tweaks] section may be preferable to moving individual settings into existing Nokia-supplied sections, in case Nokia update hildon and use the same setting name for something else. I also understand that if/when there is a GUI, the name of the section in a .ini file probably won't even be visible to most people.

But I just think that, in the long-term, it would be best not to name these settings after one particular person, especially if other people start working on this and adding to and changing thp's excellent contributions. It's not the open-source way!

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:

That's a great idea. And there should be a way to do this because while the camera-ui opens after pressing the cam key with a shortcut in shortcutd, camkeyd manages it to keep the camera-ui closed. That is unless the camera cover is opened.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Regarding the section in transitions.ini:

Has there been any thought about renaming the section to something like [cssu_tweaks] or moving individual settings into other existing sections, e.g. zaxisrotation into the existing [rotate] section?

I'm not trying to take anything away from thp, who has done an awesome job with his various tweaks. I understand the problem of potential namespace clashes, which is why a [cssu_tweaks] section may be preferable to moving individual settings into existing Nokia-supplied sections, in case Nokia update hildon and use the same setting name for something else. I also understand that if/when there is a GUI, the name of the section in a .ini file probably won't even be visible to most people.

But I just think that, in the long-term, it would be best not to name these settings after one particular person, especially if other people start working on this and adding to and changing thp's excellent contributions. It's not the open-source way!
I though the sections were purely stylistic and you could just add, say, zaxisrotation to anywhere? Maybe not. *Shrug* I would agree though, eventually putting some of them into their respective sections by default might be better. (Wouldn't say it has anything to do with the open-source way, though... just in general it's more aesthetically pleasing and makes understanding what setting does what easier to an unfamiliar user.

No, it's part of hildon-desktop's code, not a useless string

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India

Hmmm. Apart from hardware key, would it be possible at all to tweak the phone app to get more preference?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Handling calls can be done via DBus, so other apps/daemons can hook onto it, the stock app can't be modified.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade