Active Topics

I know, but in past version of CSSU, this option was omitted. Is there any rationale for forcing commit=1 for root, or was it done just to be like vanilla? If the latter is the case, then, noexec for MyDocs should be kept too, while CSSU lifted it.
---

From totally different barrel of vine - I've tried setting up /apps/osso/status-area-applet-battery/use_design_capacity gconf key to 0 (int), but it doesn't seem to help. I still see 1267 as max capacity, despite having higher current capacity (and real max capacity about 3300 mAh).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I've tested status-area-applet-battery and it's gconf key back and forth. The result is
Bug 12723.

Cheers,
/Estel

// Edit

BTW, i noticed, that Pali's mail isn't on the auto sentto mail list for CSSU bugs. Just in case it isn't deliberate, but just overlooked.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-01-17 at 01:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I recently bought a Polarcell 1500mah battery (to an ebay seller recommended in TMO) and for me it shows his charge and his maximum as it would be like the normal BL-5J battery. I use last cssu-thumb version. Din't tried with previous one (And won't take risks, I have no microusb port, I use an external charger).

@malkavian, did you calibrate your battery?

The Following User Says Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
No, but now I use the two batteries, wouldn't it be a problem?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@hxka, he can't use the calibration script since his USB port is broken.

Meanwhile, this is what I was talking about a few posts back. Battery nearly empty but the icon did not turn red. I had another case yesterday saying 100%, 1205/484 mAh, but I failed to take a screenshot.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Oh, I forgot that to obtain vdq you have to charge it with USB. Oops!
Anyway, if you are using two different batteries, you can't have correct readings for bof of them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Then I think it will be better for me, to have the new one (of 1500mAh) correctly measured and know that when battery status says that the old battery have 300 / 1500 it really have 82 / 1500. So I could change it when nearing that number.

Now when using new 1500 battery, it last a lot of time with 0/1282, so I don't know when it is really near end.

Yes I know, I can recharge Litium batteries when I want, but I obviously prefer to change of battery less often, and benefit from that extra 300mAh.

¿Could I do that?

Unfortunately, no. As @pichlo pointed out, you can't recalibrate the battery without an usb port.

The Following User Says Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Well, actually, if you have *only* USB port damaged, but all chips/peripherals OK, you could charge and calibrate using testpads under battery. Heck, you could even create a permanent workaround USB (both data and charging) this way.

But, a) it requires lottsa effort b) it's off-topic here. See "repairing usb port before and after it's too late" thread for further info.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing