Notices

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Not sure how to integrate it but location2sms which sends/receives GPS via SMS and/or email already intergrates to OSM in the app, I wish I knew how to patch the sharing modules into modrana but the source is here https://gitorious.org/location2sms.
I love modrana and the only mapping feature missing on my N900 is fast easy cross platform location sharing. I also totally get that feature requests fit in after fixes and existing feature upgrades, but thanks for listening to us!

Last edited by biketool; 2014-07-29 at 15:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
thanks, MartinK - now, is 0.48.2 a not-worth-mentioning bug fix?
Pretty much - just a Sailfish OS packaging fix. I think I'll just add the 0.48.2 changelog entry next time I'm publishing a changelog for a significant modRana release.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
MartinK: I tried another option for the last time and then the internal compiler error is thrown (I was experiencing problems how to cleanly enable g++-4.6 in scons). Seems that exporting the CC and CXX variables is ignored by scons.

I'll rebuild the packages with the +thumb0 suffix when I find a while, until then, please use the debs.

I guess you can ignore ttf-unifont for a while but I'm taking care of it, it should appear in the repos in a couple of days (hopefully tomorrow )

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Porting ttf-unifont for armel was a piece of cake, the opitfy process goes mad when switched to i386 (build-arch, build-indep). I tossed everything into simple "build" but then it doesn't even build for armel.

Can I call maemo-optify for each package separately in dh_gencontrol? Otherwise I'll drop i386 altogether.

/edit: I put everything concerning this problem in one post:

4th Aug 2014: How to set a separate override for dh_gencontrol -a and dh_gencontrol -i (-a is in build-arch and -i in build-indep)? This would be a solution. Alternatively - detecting the current target

5th Aug 2014: Our debhelper is too old for separate overrides... (1)

(1) http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...man1/dh.1.html

5th Aug 2014: It appeared that /usr/share/fonts is optified anyway, so only the binaries have to be optified.

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-08-10 at 08:45.

I think you can call maemo-optify subpackagename for each package. I know I've done it somewhere, possibly a jasper dependancy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
It's exactly what I'm talking about. But how to set a separate override for dh_gencontrol -a and dh_gencontrol -i (-a is in build-arch and -i in build-indep)?

/edit: And a small update: I will not do a thumb rebuild. It's all real time rendering and thumb errata might produce performance drawbacks. I didn't enable -mthumb in my build. If we don't find a performance bottleneck while using normal binaries, I might do a real thumb rebuild.

/edit2: about autobuilder problems: I reuploaded the package and now the silent fail log is there back again: https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...log.FAILED.txt

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-08-04 at 11:02.

Mapnik (libstdc++6 >= 4.7.2) has been uploaded to my repo and its mirror. I had temporary problems connecting to the main repo, so it was on the mirror only for some time.

If anything is missing (sometimes files disappear from 000webhost) let me know.

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-08-11 at 09:45.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It does, if you bash it maniacally for a while. At least it my case, where I have tracking disabled on startup, and I start it manually. It looks like tracking is so occupying for ModRana, that it delays/ignore clicks, requiring you to spam them a little.

As for other issue you mentioned, their seem valid.
How do you manage to disable tracking on startup Estel?

On my phone, Modrana tells me that 'logging is OFF' but the counter is counting up relentlessly the whole time, appended to the filename I gave to my last tracklog. No amount of clicking the STOP button will make the timer stop counting up. It's reading almost 11 hours now on my phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
I'm sorry for noob question, what do I do for using Modrana as a navigator after installing the app? I've downloaded the map, but don't know where I have to put them or make it working on Jolla phone, the guide is for N900 (coming soon anyway)

Last edited by akira.pwr; 2014-08-04 at 12:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to akira.pwr For This Useful Post:
One thing I noted is your using python 2.5, which is causing "Support for pre-2.7.0 Python version (2.5.4) is deprecated." You have the ignore statement to prevent 2.3 but it's not picking up 2.7. Maybe theres something at fault there due to outdated version?

Couldn't you just use:
Code:
DEB_BUILD_ARCH ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_ARCH)
Put all subpackages optified individually, like
Code:
maemo-optify libmapnik-dev
maemo-optify libmapnik
maemo-optify mapnik-doc
And then just stick an if block around the problem package so it doesn't call maemo-optify when using i386?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps