Active Topics

Notices

thank you very much for your great effort smoku, i understand your frustration, if that is your final decision, ok, accepted

all i cant say is thanks, very good stuff you ported/made, made me so happy on my n900, sucks for nokia, i will never buy another nokia phone after the n900

and has for the emulator psx4m, i tested it after the last update with -nosound frameskip and cyclemulti with final fantasy tactics and ran awesome, without the bios, 133 fps during a cinematic

will test it with castlevania sotn and grandia, and see how it works, kinda suck if you dont finish it and add great sound and better perfomance to it, but hell is a good work.

cheers

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by scorpio16v View Post
btw this topic isn't called:
"the-big-smoku-nokia-maemo-whining-threat"

So let's talk about psx4all / psx4m related things.
Exactly!

Unfortunate that smoku left maemo development, but this doesn't have to mean the end of psx4m. I still have a version of the psx4m code (the one without the cycle multiplier option, but better than nothing) and will try to put it online this evening.

Works on then,

i only want a version with GameGripper control's , or a option for re-config buttons..

gl!

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
Hmm... anybody knows about free/paid emulator called FpseCE on Windows Mobile? It was a great idea.
Smoku why don't you make a free version of psx4m(finished plugin, with GUI, but without savestates, accelerometer control and other cool stuff) and paid version(aka full version)? Let it cost....like 2-5 euro and you will get back your money in no time

Originally Posted by Magik View Post
Hmm... anybody knows about free/paid emulator called FpseCE on Windows Mobile? It was a great idea.
Smoku why don't you make a free version of psx4m(finished plugin, with GUI, but without savestates, accelerometer control and other cool stuff) and paid version(aka full version)? Let it cost....like 2-5 euro and you will get back your money in no time
Hell, I'd pay 10 euro for something that works like FPSECE.

OK, further OT
I don't believe Smoku is coding those things to make money.
And I believe he stated it several times:
http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2010/07/my-v...x-development/

But I see an other problem for further development of psx4m.
It's based on zodttd's psx4all/psx4droid code so all development of psx4m can be adapted to these emulators.

And these emulators are developed to make $$$.

So why should smoku do the work 4free and other guys are making $$$ ?

And how many of you are really willing to pay for a PSX emu on N900 ?
And why are there only a few to donate on smokus website over the last months for all this work ?

For example: psx4droid was sold ~ 30.000 times, each for 5,99 $
And the ammount of donations for Smokus work ? - No need to mention !

And now we are at the point where Nokia is failing : The OVI Store

Oh, I forgot to be on topic

Is it possible to use psx4m and psx4all with hildon UI together on N900 ?

Originally Posted by scorpio16v View Post
OK, further OT
I don't believe Smoku is coding those things to make money.
And I believe he stated it several times:
http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2010/07/my-v...x-development/

But I see an other problem for further development of psx4m.
It's based on zodttd's psx4all/psx4droid code so all development of psx4m can be adapted to these emulators.

And these emulators are developed to make $$$.

So why should smoku do the work 4free and other guys are making $$$ ?

And how many of you are really willing to pay for a PSX emu on N900 ?
And why are there only a few to donate on smokus website over the last months for all this work ?

For example: psx4droid was sold ~ 30.000 times, each for 5,99 $
And the ammount of donations for Smokus work ? - No need to mention !

And now we are at the point where Nokia is failing : The OVI Store

Oh, I forgot to be on topic

Is it possible to use psx4m and psx4all with hildon UI together on N900 ?
I have

a) already donated to smoku - as a dev who relied on donations I know it sucks balls when you dont get any.
b) Mentioned that we would pay for the app if he was to put it somewhere other than the OVI store.

Nokia suck - we can all agree on that, but there are ways around it.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Whoever carries on with this app, or if Smoku has a change of heart- a very nice option would be able to use eboot files (PSX games formatted for PSP). As mentioned already, they reduce (on average) 50% of the size and some games up to 80%. Also provides more source options for roms.

The Android version of this same basic app plays every rom format that exists, but the eboot pbp files suit the storage space better (have more roms on card).

Must admit that being able to play Crash Racing, Need for Speed 3, Ridge Racer 4 and Quake 2 smooth with sound is pretty nice on the Incredible Virtual pad is OK, but N900 KB would be better (to say the least).

I have not tried those games (since eboots) on the N900, but Raiden 2 and Hotshots Golf play about the same (850 mhz vz 1ghz on Inc). The roms are a LOT bigger as ISO or BIN, so eboot (pbp) would be very handy to save space for N900 gamers.

I agree with some here in that if Smoku bailed due to time- understood, but if he left due to Nokia, they will always (IMO) suck for software and app support. It is the people in the community that respect and appreciate his work.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-08-12 at 16:37.

... realy sad ...
**** off nokia, what is the best android phone for emulation purpose ?

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by emorace View Post
... realy sad ...
**** off nokia, what is the best android phone for emulation purpose ?
Motorola Droid 2. 3630 OMAP (N900's big brother) and keyboard. Tried one out today. If I did not already have the Incredible, I would get this.

If on Sprint, the Samsung Galaxy EPIC will be nice too, since fast chipset and keyboard.

Good thing about the Droid 2 is 8gb of built-in app space and good thing about the Epic is bigger display (4" vs 3.7"). Of course, both on different carriers.

I wish the US had Europe's wide-open hardware options And their really good beer in pubs

PSX4ALL on Android has played about every game I have tried. Still amazed that the games I mentioned play smoothly and with sound. I am able to fit about 2X the games on a card, in eboot pbp format.

added: Some games play slow (some 3D fighters mainly). The one game that plays a little better on the N900 is Dead or Alive. Slow on both devices, but still better on the N900 app.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-08-12 at 16:49.

Tags
bonapart_rules, its dead......., playstation, psx4all, sausaaaaaaaaage, sausage tag, try & emu mgs4, who needs this?, whytagsmerged?, wurstthreadever