Active Topics

Notices

Will you be adding an "Archive" list option to the widget sometime?

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Have you tried entering the URL as the search query? It might work, though I'm not sure if the API will retrieve the details for an unlisted video.

thanks, it works for me so far.

will you support resuming downloading in the near future?

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Austria
from yesterday I have the same problem.I can't acces any video any more...it searches all videos..but when I press PLAY ,it shows only the black screen.it happens anything

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
thanks, it works for me so far.

will you support resuming downloading in the near future?
Resuming of downloads is already supported. You can pause/resume downloads by selecting them and choosing the appropriate option from the menu.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Will you be adding an "Archive" list option to the widget sometime?
I can do that for the next update. I have also changed the behaviour of the widget to address your earlier comment. The widget no longer loads the video feed when first added to the desktop, so you won't be asked to connect to the internet.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Has there been an update to youtube yesterday? cuteTube says I have no subscriptions, I tried logging out/in. Everything else works fine.

Originally Posted by vldcnst View Post
Has there been an update to youtube yesterday? cuteTube says I have no subscriptions, I tried logging out/in. Everything else works fine.
It's still working for me, but since Google bought YouTube they have this unholy mess with linked/unlinked Google and YouTube accounts, which can cause problems for some users, as it affects API functionality. It's possible that YouTube have been making some changes in that area.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
I opened up a network sniffer and I'm seeing 403's when cuteTube is requesting new sub videos. Any ideas?

LE: here's the error from youtube:
Code:
GET /feeds/api/users/default/newsubscriptionvideos?v=2&max-results=30&alt=json&start-index=1 HTTP/1.1..AUTHORIZATION: AuthSub token=<SNIP>..X-GDATA-KEY: key=<snip?>..Connection: Keep-Alive..Accept-Encoding: gzip..Accept-Language: ro-RO,en,*..User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0..Host: gdata.youtube.com....  

[snip] 403.
<code>ServiceForbiddenException</code><internalReason>Currently authenticated user does not have access to these subscriptions.</internalReason></error></errors>

Last edited by vldcnst; 2012-02-08 at 15:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to vldcnst For This Useful Post:
It seems that now it works again

Originally Posted by vldcnst View Post
I opened up a network sniffer and I'm seeing 403's when cuteTube is requesting new sub videos. Any ideas?

LE: here's the error from youtube:
Code:
GET /feeds/api/users/default/newsubscriptionvideos?v=2&max-results=30&alt=json&start-index=1 HTTP/1.1..AUTHORIZATION: AuthSub token=<SNIP>..X-GDATA-KEY: key=<snip?>..Connection: Keep-Alive..Accept-Encoding: gzip..Accept-Language: ro-RO,en,*..User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0..Host: gdata.youtube.com....  

[snip] 403.
<code>ServiceForbiddenException</code><internalReason>Currently authenticated user does not have access to these subscriptions.</internalReason></error></errors>
The API documentation doesn't give any explanation as to what would cause that specific error, though similar 403 responses are caused by having unlinked accounts. Do you have unlinked Google and YouTube accounts?

A couple of weeks ago, I had a problem with that same feed, and it was resolved (without my intervention) within 24 hours. It's possible that they are just making some changes to the API.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube