Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hi Ed!

Hey, I just reflashed and I'm trying to install version 1.1.13-0 but it requires python2.5-conic which that depends on other junk as well.

Is there a simple way just to download that specific DC release to make it easier for me?
You can download the packages straight from the repo: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...d/dialcentral/

Hopefully the release I've been working on will tempt you to live with the Qt problems (which, have they had bugs filed on them so I can remember why some of you don't use it?)

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hi!

Yeah, I already have the .deb but it won't let me install this directly due to missing packages.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hi!

Yeah, I already have the .deb but it won't let me install this directly due to missing packages.
Use at your own risk (what is the problem with all of those deps?):
Code:
dpkg --force-depends -i dc.deb
An alternative is you can try to dissect the deb file, modifying the control file to remove that dependency. It really is an "recommends" rather than "depends" but HAM is weird.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Thanks!

That worked to perfection!

Joy!

Since I've gotten an email about this I thought I'd report that two-factor authentication does not work with TOR or DC. I've created myself a second GV account so I can play with this and I might try to get this to work.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Since I've gotten an email about this I thought I'd report that two-factor authentication does not work with TOR or DC. I've created myself a second GV account so I can play with this and I might try to get this to work.
I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but what kind of two factor authentication does GV have?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but what kind of two factor authentication does GV have?
You can enable an option on your account such that it will text you a PIN when logging in and you have to enter that.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/...-for-your.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by epage View Post
You can enable an option on your account such that it will text you a PIN when logging in and you have to enter that.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/...-for-your.html
Good to know! This also means qgvdial is broken
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Good to know! This also means qgvdial is broken
They do have support for application specific passwords but it requires using the google API login rather than the user login mechanism.

EDIT: This is being tracked in the following bug report: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12154 (bug report is for TOR but it is all the same to me)

Last edited by epage; 2011-04-16 at 02:34.

I'd like to remind people that DC 1.2.30 is just three votes away from being in Extras. If people could please test it I'd appreciate it.
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...tral/1.2.30-0/

I'm waiting on getting 1.2.30 into Extras before releasing 1.3.0 with quite a few number of changes.