Originally Posted by qole View Post
New Easy Chroot package in Extras-devel will strip the trailing slash off of the given mountpoint (a trailing slash produced weird results) and multiple mounted loops are handled better.

I don't think I fixed avidscavenger's problem, but I fixed some serious annoyances for me.

avidscavenger: perhaps run "sudo closechroot /.debian" from the terminal and tell me what it says...?
will it start up fedora as well?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
extendedping: make an image file or a partition with the fedora rootfs from this page, point IMGFILE in ~/.chroot to it, and you've got yourself Easy Fedora. vwa-laa.

UPDATE: Use this image file instead!

http://qole.org/files/fedora12-m5-v1a.img.ext2.lzma

Last edited by qole; 2010-08-29 at 22:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
hi!

when i was looking and browsing my n900's awesome apps, i saw this MouseCursor App, really, i dont remember installing such app but its so awesome! at one tap i got a mouse cursor that responds.

it looks like the one when i open easy debian lxe (or whatever that opens a mac like desktop) is this a part or the latest update? coz i also cant see the mouse cursor app on my installed applications. so i am wondering if this app is a bonus from Easy Debian.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
gabby131: that mouse cursor thing is from the Bluetooth keyboard & mouse scripts package...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by qole View Post
gabby131: that mouse cursor thing is from the Bluetooth keyboard & mouse scripts package...
oh......awesome!

thanks

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by pkubaj View Post
How can I make Easy Debian image larger? I decided to upgrade to Squeeze completely, there were some pulseaudio issues, which I eventually had to remove. Everything was going well, then the message about the lack of space. Can it be largened?
Apt-get tells you how much space it will need, so always make sure this is consistent with the output of "df" (you'll have to add the amount of downloads and the extra space taken after the installations). After any installs, run
Code:
apt-get clean
to remove the downloaded Debian packages.

If the free space in the Debian image is insufficient for a larger scale operation, you can try to do it in smaller pieces, with "apt-get clean" issued regularly.

For getting some extra space in the Debian image, a possibilty is to move some directories into /home/user and make symlinks. I once moved /usr/share/doc to /home/user, which frees some 200MB, by doing the following from within the Debian chroot:
Code:
cd /usr/share
cp -a doc /home/user/.easydebdoc
rm -r doc
ln -s /home/user/.easydebdoc doc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
I have really BIG problem. Everytime I mount ext3 partition on microSD, image-viewer check for everyone image (over 20 000) and makes miniatures. So when i run easy debian, CPU is working on 100% for about 15 minutes and phone is very slow. Any solution how to hide ".debian" to image-viewer? I have titan kernel so ext3 partitions is visible in file manager.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Honza. View Post
I have really BIG problem. Everytime I mount ext3 partition on microSD, image-viewer check for everyone image (over 20 000) and makes miniatures. So when i run easy debian, CPU is working on 100% for about 15 minutes and phone is very slow. Any solution how to hide ".debian" to image-viewer? I have titan kernel so ext3 partitions is visible in file manager.
Try editing /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg.
Go to the line NoWatchDirectory and add at the end of the line what you want to have excluded.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
rebhana: Thank you, I added /.debian/; now image-viewer is OK, but hildon-thumbnai still eats 100% of CPU for long time when I mount partition.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
I have made a desktop short of icedove. it is working but I cannot get the proper icon. Got the blue square button.
even when i reboot.
same with pcmanfm.

Would be nice to have the proper icon.
can some body help

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze