Active Topics

Notices

Wazapp does not work very well for me at all. In fact, it's barely functional.

Half the messages I receive, I can never read.

If one clicks on the "Chats" tab, half the conversations are invisible (just totally blacked out and unselectable). I can manually select the contacts in question by going through "Contacts", but I only see the messages they sent prior to this bug occurring, not after.

Once this bug hits (and it seems to eventually for all conversations), the only way to 'fix' it is to uninstall Wazapp and reinstall it.

If I'm to understand correctly, this is a known issue?

Originally Posted by greenstorm View Post
Same here.. Was a bit disappointed not seing any maemo/meego-phone on the list. But nothing wrong with the version 0.26 - besides the status-thing..
I believe it is hurtful for the developer to see this post when they are working so hard for us(n9 user) and ppl still wishfully think whatsapp will develop for n9 user.

Just stating a 'if' here. If whatsapp really create for n9 user, are u guy going to just use that and forsake wazapp?

Such a hurtful thing to do...then why the developer work so hard for? And only get impatient remarks and ppl that don't really appreciate.

guys the store isn't working right for me.. is it just me or this is a global global issue?
I am in malaysia now and some how i can't check any application review and all search results come as not found!!

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by zgal View Post
I believe it is hurtful for the developer to see this post when they are working so hard for us(n9 user) and ppl still wishfully think whatsapp will develop for n9 user.

Just stating a 'if' here. If whatsapp really create for n9 user, are u guy going to just use that and forsake wazapp?

Such a hurtful thing to do...then why the developer work so hard for? And only get impatient remarks and ppl that don't really appreciate.
Nah Tgalal's work is safe, those idiots from Whatsapp will never make a version for us. Besides, with the way Wazapp is growing, I believe on a couple of months it may even be more functional than the original, already Tgalal said he's implenenting Sync that a user will decide which numbers he/she wants synced. I see it growing real big such that when they decide to release the official one it will be pointless.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Wazapp does not work very well for me at all. In fact, it's barely functional.

Half the messages I receive, I can never read.

If one clicks on the "Chats" tab, half the conversations are invisible (just totally blacked out and unselectable). I can manually select the contacts in question by going through "Contacts", but I only see the messages they sent prior to this bug occurring, not after.

Once this bug hits (and it seems to eventually for all conversations), the only way to 'fix' it is to uninstall Wazapp and reinstall it.

If I'm to understand correctly, this is a known issue?
I'll contact Tarek Galal about that, thanks for your note

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Nah Tgalal's work is safe, those idiots from Whatsapp will never make a version for us. Besides, with the way Wazapp is growing, I believe on a couple of months it may even be more functional than the original, already Tgalal said he's implenenting Sync that a user will decide which numbers he/she wants synced. I see it growing real big such that when they decide to release the official one it will be pointless.
Yep, i agree. He/They are doing a great job. I also knew whatsapp will never make a version for us, just that still got alot ppl wishfully think they will.

Wazapp is good and i appreciate it. I study computer myself. Had a diploma in it and pursuing computer science degree now. I know how difficult it is to create an app/software/website and maintain it. So, i don't anyhow nag and complain.

When Tgala mention on changing the UI and the framework, it is noted to me that it is a really big change. Need to retest every basic function to ensure it is still working on new framework.

To all, just wait patiently... not everybody is willing to create app for Meego platform. Please appreciate it.
Dev version is release to seek more help to test for more bug that they may miss out. Not for non-techy people to get the latest version and complain it is buggy.

Last edited by zgal; 2012-07-03 at 16:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to zgal For This Useful Post:
I have updated my n9 to PR1.3 and Wazapp so far is working fine on it. No worries to all, for the moment.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zgal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by zgal View Post
I have updated my n9 to PR1.3 and Wazapp so far is working fine on it. No worries to all, for the moment.
Btw PR 1.3 was a huge disappointment, almost nothing important changed..

Wow, I just installed the dev version and it's great!

Congratulations for the hard work!

Download it at Maemo Garage or at extras-devel

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhail_ramalho For This Useful Post:
I've just installed the PR1.3 and wazapp it's running without problem, I'm using the 0.2.6 version. I just had to re-install it and my accounts, chat logs and everything was there.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp