Active Topics

I know this doesn't make sense but...

Installed update and then found Contacts added to desktop wouldn't show up (existing ones or adding new ones from list). Restarted and they all appeared...

my agps in nokia maps is not working. what to do. pls reply me at asif4nafi@gmail.com

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by nafisa View Post
my agps in nokia maps is not working. what to do. pls reply me at asif4nafi@gmail.com
After checking I have the same issue. But I saw a previous post that said if you switch off your N900, and remove/reinstall the battery before switching it back on, the A-GPS functionality returns to normal using both supl.nokia.com and supl.google.com.

I'm planning to try this a bit later and will report back. Let us know if it works for you.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Nokia was quite clear that the update was only going to provide this security fix. I don't see much hope for Flash through an update.
Technically speaking, newer flash *IS* security update as well.
The version shipped with n900 has remote code execution security bug.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
I have a problem with this last update, now my Nokia maps isnt working, when i try to see my currently position on GPS i enter into the maps aplication is says ther "lookking for GPS" and that it...is not working anymore, is not showing me my current position and its not showing me any map at all.I understand that this last update was just a security update, but why this update has affect my GPS ? Could someone help me ? I think i`m not the only one who has this problem...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Exactly, you are not the only one. That's why i suggest to look for the posts that were made in regard to this issue in the last days and WEEKS.
Hint: supl.google.com vs. supl.nokia.com

ok, but "regards" are not going to make my GPS work again, so when this problem will be resolved?Or what should we do ?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
ok, but "regards" are not going to make my GPS work again, so when this problem will be resolved?Or what should we do ?
Have you tried, as the post about 5 above this suggested, powering off and removing the battery for a short while? Have you tried changing the location server to supl.google.com (as was also mentioned within the last page or two)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Thaks a lot Rob1n, now its working, i had power off my phone and remove my battery and then turn it back again but still was not working, then i try to pu supl.google.com like u said and now its working fine, thanks again.

Last edited by ctl; 2011-11-08 at 09:19.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
Hey ctl,

Here's a few things to try:

1. Most of the problems seem to concern the A-GPS (using cell towers) rather than the normal GPS (satellites). Have you tried to open Maps in the open and let the phone get a fix on the GPS satellites? Currently, I have no problem getting GPS to work outside, but once indoors, the A-GPS can't get a location.

2. If it's the A-GPS that can't lock-on, first try changing your Location server to supl.google.com from supl.nokia.com. The setting is in 'Settings>Location>Network positioning'. Some users have reported that this resurrects A-GPS functionality.

3. If (2) doesn't work, you can try what I suggested a couple of posts ago: Switch off your N900, and remove/reinstall the battery before switching it back on. One user has reported that the A-GPS functionality will then return to normal using both supl.nokia.com and supl.google.com.

Let me know how you get on and good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jerex For This Useful Post:

Tags
security