Notices

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Vantaa
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Test now please
Works fine now. As we say in Finland: Thank you very many

The Following User Says Thank You to JKO65 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post
afraid it just doesnt start for me ?
Reboot and try again - it worked in my device.

The Following User Says Thank You to sacal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Malaysia
Hi there,
Just upgraded to latest version 0.9.2.2. Managed to lauch Columbus with without any problem. Bluetooth syncing to my laptop also without any glitch. Tested using Garmin MobilePc 5.00.70. After field testing for 1hr, all i can say is that the software is very stable. No disconnection. Nice touch with the new waypoint feature. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sincerely,
-scav-

The Following User Says Thank You to scavenger For This Useful Post:
Not sure what version I'm running, so any chance of an "About" button in a future update?

Thanks

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Latest update works fine again. Thank you for including the option to reveal the status bar too. Much, much appreciated.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Not sure what version I'm running, so any chance of an "About" button in a future update?

Thanks
Yeah, it's on my list of things to do Until then, if you open the xterm and type: dpkg -l columbus

I want a stable benchmark to promote to extras-testing, so I'll be interested to hear from you all about any potential blockers to that end, basically random crashes, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
I want a stable benchmark to promote to extras-testing, so I'll be interested to hear from you all about any potential blockers to that end, basically random crashes, etc.
I've launched it, had it running for a while. Nothing bad happened. Now doing more stress testing with it running in the background.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Okay, so I left it running for like an hour and a half, got on WiFi, browsed some, left it alone some, opened up FApMan and browsed the entire list of uninstalled apps. Decided to install Wizard Mounter, because, well, why the hell not?

No crashes, nothing horribly unusable. It lagged while the FApMan+Apt-Get+dpkg combination did it's thing, but, well, that always happens when you install something.

Over-all, I'm not seeing anything horrendously show stopping. I'll see how much of a hit battery life takes later - I'm gonna leave it on tomorrow while going from class-to-class, if I remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Okay, so I left it running for like an hour and a half, got on WiFi, browsed some, left it alone some, opened up FApMan and browsed the entire list of uninstalled apps. Decided to install Wizard Mounter, because, well, why the hell not?

No crashes, nothing horribly unusable. It lagged while the FApMan+Apt-Get+dpkg combination did it's thing, but, well, that always happens when you install something.

Over-all, I'm not seeing anything horrendously show stopping. I'll see how much of a hit battery life takes later - I'm gonna leave it on tomorrow while going from class-to-class, if I remember.
I really appreciate your efforts in testing this, as it's much better having other people test your code. I tend to test each version myself by doing an hour journey, which allows me to generate screenshots too. But this is really helpful so thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, nokia n900